Homeowners insurance

Ryanxdm

The last post in this topic was posted 1749 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Thanks captain obvious. Why do you think I'm asking? Could it be because I am a soon to be homeowner?

Never mind CV, he's full of snark tonight - homeowner's insurance is very much a regional and state entity. Where Farmer's may be the best deal in one area, Liberty Mutual might be better in another. This is one area where it would pay to get multiple quotes and do some homework. If you have a long term relationship with an insurer for your car(s), start there unless you're with a "just legal enough" car insurance company like Safe Auto then look elsewhere. Homeowner's insurance is one place you don't want to skimp and fudge on coverage. You don't want to find yourself on the short end of a slip-and-fall scammer or a burglary that cleans out your home.

Personally, I'm a long time (20+ year) State Farm auto and renter policy holder and I went with SF for homeowners. I shopped around with Farmers and LM and they were about 30-40% higher.

Edited by IndyPoolPlayer

You can dismiss my responses all you want. That won't change the fact that the quality of the information you receive will be directly related to the quality of the question.

On a culinary discussion board this thread would be like:

Subject: Eating

Post content: Does anyone have recommendations on food?

I live in Arizona and I used an independent agent that shopped for me .. and so I wound up with a company called Milbank. this will be my 8th yr with them; I have shopped for a better rate many times, and have never found anyone that can beat their rates.. "meet".. yes, but beat, no.

Insurance is very individual. You will see good/bad reviews and feedback on ALL.

You can dismiss my responses all you want. That won't change the fact that the quality of the information you receive will be directly related to the quality of the question.

27,000+ posts..... Hmmm... I wonder why?

Thank you for everyone else that gave a real response. I guess I should ask it differently. Let me try this again.

I understand that insurance varies by region and you really do have to shop around in your area. With that said, does anyone insurance that has paid out well and been reasonably price? If so, what is the name of the company?

27,000+ posts..... Hmmm... I wonder why?

Some of the 27,000 were correcting grammar and punctuation?

The last post in this topic was posted 1749 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.