Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Removing Closed AU Accounts from Credit Reports

The last post in this topic was posted 1021 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have four closed AU cards that were opened within the past two years. I'd like to get rid of them from my reports for two reasons:

1. ​Bump my AAOA;
  2. Get me under 5/24 sooner so I can go on a Chase bender.

I've read a sampling of older threads but I didn't find one with definitive answers on the best reason to specify for the disputes, or with concrete information about specific idiosyncrasies from bureau to bureau.

I'd appreciate specific recommendations based on what actually works with each bureau.

Can't remember where I saw it, but I read that an authorized user can request the credit card issuer to remove them as an authorized user because the primary card holder was the one asking for for the AU to be added and they AU basically never consented.

A Google search turned up this:

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/consumer-watchdog/get-removed-authorized-user-credit-card

Edited by ClaimJumper

Can't remember where I saw it, but I read that an authorized user can request the credit card issuer to remove them as an authorized user because the primary card holder was the one asking for for the AU to be added and they AU basically never consented.

A Google search turned up this:

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/consumer-watchdog/get-removed-authorized-user-credit-card

Thank you for the link. In my case the accounts in question are all closed...

At 5:15 I stopped at the dry cleaner to pick up the shirts I need to take with me on a trip on Monday. They close at 5 on Saturdays and aren't open on Sundays. :(

Edited by cv91915

I have four closed AU cards that were opened within the past two years. I'd like to get rid of them from my reports for two reasons:

1. ​Bump my AAOA;

I've read a sampling of older threads but I didn't find one with definitive answers on the best reason to specify for the disputes, or with concrete information about specific idiosyncrasies from bureau to bureau.

I'd appreciate specific recommendations based on what actually works with each bureau.

This thread makes it sound simple.

Thank you. I hadn't read that one. I hope it is that easy...

OK, so I decided to get started with Equifax.

Upon closer inspection the closed AU cards show as Owner: Undesignated.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-02%20at%208.15.5

1. ​Bump my AAOA;

This thread makes it sound simple.

Thank you. I hadn't read that one. I hope it is that easy...

OK, so I decided to get started with Equifax.

Upon closer inspection the closed AU cards show as Owner: Undesignated.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-02%20at%208.15.5

The screenshot included above is from the electronic version of my report obtained from www.annualcreditreport.com.

Same TL when I log in to do an online dispute using the same report number:

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-02%20at%208.27.5

NOTE: If you are doing a dispute that actually matters, do it from a hard copy obtained directly from the CRA via USPS and NOT from your free annual credit report. And DO NOT dispute online. I am doing this for sport.

Edited by cv91915

I did my first dispute with Equifax on Sunday and it's still pending.

I received the results this morning:

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-08%20at%206.23.5

I did my first dispute with Equifax on Sunday and it's still pending.

I received the results this morning:

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-08%20at%206.23.5

It appears that this TL has been deleted from all three. :clapping:

I started another dispute on an AU trade line with Experian about 10 days ago. Just got the result:

Outcome: Deleted - This item was removed from your credit report. Please review your report for the details.

I have always just called and removed myself as AU, then disputed online as not being an AU on the account. 100% deletion success on all bureaus. No need to over think it.

I have always just called and removed myself as AU, then disputed online as not being an AU on the account. 100% deletion success on all bureaus. No need to over think it.

I'm working on closed AU accounts.

most certainly they were his spouse's cards and he wanted to use the cards.

could have been to help meet min spend or simply to build rewards on those cards.

CV, why would you need to add yourself as an AU to any cards to begin with?

Not helpful, just curious.

You got good answers from shifter and mendelssohn.

Most months (when he isn't traveling) my spouse doesn't spend much money, so having me as a +1 on the account ensures we can hit the minimum spending thresholds for SUBs.

Most of our new accounts in the past two years have been in his name so I could pick up a Chase card or two this year.

The last post in this topic was posted 1021 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.