Sign in to follow this  
bwnc32

Starting the Process

First, thank you Why Chat for the resources you provide on your site and through advice offered on this site.

I am starting the process on removing medical collections accounts from myself and wife's CR's. Going to attempt to document the process and results here in a clear and concise manor in case I need some assistance or the info can help anyone else.

Here are the accounts:

Me:

BCFS1: $306, Paid/Closed, date opened 5/2015

BCFS2: $157, Unpaid, date opened 12/2016

Wife:

PMAB1: $50, Unpaid, date opened 1/2016

PMAB2: $50, Unpaid, date opened 5/2016

PMAB3: $50, Unpaid, date opened 5/2016

PMAB4: $475, Unpaid, date opened 4/2014

PMAB5: $1,233, Unpaid, date opened 5/2016 (ONLY ON TU report)

Steps taken so far:

Me:

-Opt out

-No change of address required

-Requested EOMB's from insurer

-Initial dispute letters for all 3 CRA's are prepared and ready to send

Wife:

-Opt out

-Sent Initial Dispute letters to all 3 CRA's (3/29/17)

-For the Initial Dispute letters to the CRA's, I am sending one letter to each CRA listing all of the accounts. TU gets one extra account for my wife as they are the only one showing that account.

Any advice, comments, or recommendations are welcome along the way, thanks!

Sent the initial dispute letters for me today, and now we wait!

Me:

-Opt out

-Sent Initial Dispute letters to all 3 CRA's (3/30/17)

Wife:

-Opt out

-Sent Initial Dispute letters to all 3 CRA's (3/29/17)

I'm following this as well. I just mailed off my initial dispute letters [using the WhyChat protocal] today [April 1st]. I wish you good luck.

Update on my wife's accounts

One week after Initial Dispute Letters were delivered for my wife, Transunion sent a letter deleting the accounts. Strange thing is that the letter listed 4 (of the 5 total) accounts showing them as deleted. When I checked the backdoor to see what the deal was with the one they left off it was also missing from the report. They were the only CRA showing that 5th account anyways. So looks like they deleted all 5!

Equifax backdoor shows "Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress" for all 4 accounts.

Experian backdoor shows no dispute or status change with any of the 4 accounts.

Update, roughly a week after Initial Dispute delivery I received a letter from Transunion saying they deleted the two Medical accounts from my report.

Still no response from EX or EQ on either my wife or my accounts. I'll give them another week or so before checking the back door.

Since WhyChat hasn't replied [yet] to my last post I was curious if you could help. Our situations are similar. After I sent in my initial dispute to the 3 CRAs I received a response from TU [below].

You said your letter mentioned "removed" whereas mine said "does not currently appear". Also what is the backdoor method to look at your credit reports.

UPDATE: After receiving my letter on 4/3, TU sent their response on 4/5, which I received today. It states...

RE: Dispute Status

"Based on the information provided to TU, our records show the information you disputed does not currently appear on our TU credit report."

Update, 30 days after Initial Dispute Letters received by CRA's:

Me:

BCFS1: $306, deleted by all 3 CRA

BCFS2: $157, deleted by EX and TU, still remains on EF (no longer shown as "in dispute" with backdoor)

Wife:

PMAB1: $50, deleted by EX and TU, still remains on EF (no longer shown as "in dispute" with backdoor)

PMAB2: $50, deleted by EX and TU, still remains on EF (no longer shown as "in dispute" with backdoor)

PMAB3: $50, deleted by EX and TU, still remains on EF (no longer shown as "in dispute" with backdoor)

PMAB4: $475, deleted by TU, still remains on EX and EF (no longer shown as "in dispute" with backdoor)

PMAB5: $1,233, Unpaid, deleted by TU (only report it showed up on)

Thoughts on next steps? Letters to CA for accounts remaining?

Yes send the medical DV to the CAs that are left for the CRA reports they are still on

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

and as soon as you have proof of receipt, send the CRAs the follow up disputes

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

PLEASE make sure you keep separate files for you and your wife

Thank Why Chat! Impressed with the results so far!

For the accounts that only remain on Equifax, should I mention in the letter to them that they are the only CRA still showing these accounts?

Posted 1 hour agoI am in the middle of disputing the below accounts, all with the same CA and original healthcare provider

Initial Disputes sent mid-August (results below), DV to CA's delivered 9/12 and Follow-up to CRA's delivered 9/20.

No I am waiting patiently for the CRA responses, have not received anything yet.

ACCT 1: $209, open 11/16/2017, EX/TU deleted with Initial Dispute, remains on Equifax

ACCT 2: $629, open 11/16/2017, remains on Experian, Transunion, and Equifax

ACCT 3: $162, open 11/16/2017, EX/TU deleted with Initial Dispute, remains on Equifax

ACCT 4: $100, open 11/16/2017, EX/TU deleted with Initial Dispute, remains on Equifax

ACCT 5: $560, open 1/16/2018, remains on Experian, Transunion, and Equifax

ACCT 6: $162, open 1/16/2018, EX/TU deleted with Initial Dispute, remains on Equifax

ACCT 7: $157, open 12/6/2016, never showed on EX/TU, remains on Equifax

So basically I got nowhere with Equifax on the initial disputes but had TU/EX delete 4 out of 6. Is this normal?

Thanks!

I resurrected one of your earlier posts so others could correctly follow your thread. PLEASE do NOT start new threads every time you have a question. It gets too complicated to backtrack and see what has occurred

Your problems with Eq are on your reports or your wife's??
When did you send the medical DVs to the CAs for the accounts still on Eq? When did you send the follow up disputes to Eq?

What didn't you understand about keeping this all in ONE thread??

"Received updated Experian CR yesterday (I believe as result of a data hack/breach)

For the 2 accounts above (ACCT 2 and ACCT 5) that show on this report, there is now a comment that reads "Completed investigation of FCRA dispute - consumer disagrees. This item remained unchanged from our processing of your dispute in Sep 2019."

What is the answer to my questions above? 

Your problems with Eq are on your reports or your wife's??
When did you send the medical DVs to the CAs for the accounts still on Eq? When did you send the follow up disputes to Eq?

I suggest you wait another Month or 2 and then start over with the initial dispute letter to Eq.( preferably right around the Holiday season. )Make sure you are still opted out