Wait....My QS1 is actually a Platinum???

pressman0523

The last post in this topic was posted 2133 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I opened a $300 Capital One credit steps card back in December '15. Didn't really look too closely at what card it was as I was just thankful to finally get approved for an unsecured card at the time. When the card arrived, it very clearly said "Quicksilver One" on the face so I thought that's what my account was. Yeah, it took over a year 'cause I'm kinda' slow, but I just noticed that my online account AND all of my printed statements going right back to my very first one say "Platinum Mastercard".

So what do I actually have??? 'Cause, here's the thing: The Platinum doesn't have any rewards, right? But I definitely get 1.5% cash back and I definitely paid a $39 annual fee on my very first statement.

The other day, I decided my scores were high enough to start crowbarring my way higher. So I picked up another QS1 along with a Discover, Chase Amazon Prime VISA, AmEx Blue Cash and CLIs on Walmart and my original Cap1 (Platinum???). Interestingly, Cap1 refused to give me more than a whopping $250 CLI on my "Platinum" (for a total of $1,550) but approved me for $3,000 on the QS1. Errr....okay? But the good news is that that original account is now my lowest CL. :good:

Anyways, just wondering if anybody else has seen this happen and if it will mean anything for future PCs?

I can take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed and you would have a 100% guaranteed piece of sheet!! "platinum" they make it sound so great.... It's a starter card really for subprime credit scores.... I have that card myself from years ago..... After a couple years they bumped my CL to $7300 without asking.... FWIW

I opened a $300 Capital One credit steps card back in December '15. Didn't really look too closely at what card it was as I was just thankful to finally get approved for an unsecured card at the time. When the card arrived, it very clearly said "Quicksilver One" on the face so I thought that's what my account was. Yeah, it took over a year 'cause I'm kinda' slow, but I just noticed that my online account AND all of my printed statements going right back to my very first one say "Platinum Mastercard".

So what do I actually have??? 'Cause, here's the thing: The Platinum doesn't have any rewards, right? But I definitely get 1.5% cash back and I definitely paid a $39 annual fee on my very first statement.

The other day, I decided my scores were high enough to start crowbarring my way higher. So I picked up another QS1 along with a Discover, Chase Amazon Prime VISA, AmEx Blue Cash and CLIs on Walmart and my original Cap1 (Platinum???). Interestingly, Cap1 refused to give me more than a whopping $250 CLI on my "Platinum" (for a total of $1,550) but approved me for $3,000 on the QS1. Errr....okay? But the good news is that that original account is now my lowest CL. :good:

Anyways, just wondering if anybody else has seen this happen and if it will mean anything for future PCs?

I guess I'm kinda slow right along with you, Pressman. I too started off with two Credit Steps Platinum cards... the first was upgraded (on the card, anyway) to QS when I called about the AF (now waived). The second one became a QS1 (same story). But both online statements clearly say Platinum. I guess that's important for keeping the number of each type of products in mind.

I guess I'm kinda slow right along with you, Pressman. I too started off with two Credit Steps Platinum cards... the first was upgraded (on the card, anyway) to QS when I called about the AF (now waived). The second one became a QS1 (same story). But both online statements clearly say Platinum. I guess that's important for keeping the number of each type of products in mind.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I know I've read that you can only have two products in that category (Platinum, QS1, and Secured). Not a big deal - I just happened to notice the difference today and was curious about it. Wonder if Capital One even realizes they're doing this or if it's another "one hand doesn't know what the other's doing" thing....?

I can take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed and you would have a 100% guaranteed piece of sheet!!

That was...umm...insightful. Thank you. :dntknw:

The last post in this topic was posted 2133 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.