Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

GameStop to shut at least 150 stores, shares sink

Anyones who has ever traded a game in for 5 dollars that they turn around and sell for 50 is so very sad to see them go.

Ultimately it's their own fault for not being willing to price match Amazon.

It was difficult for me to go into those places and be surrounded by some of the clientele.

Then again I moved out of my parents home at 18. So it's difficult for me to relate certain segments of the gaming community.

The traditional gamers are moving back to board and card games. The video gamers aren't interested in packaging.

Static business model loses again.

Edited by ubercat

Gamers don't like being conned and misled.

...and we hold a grudge like an elephant.

When have you ever held an elephant?

Gamers don't like being conned and misled.

...and we hold a grudge like an elephant.

When have you ever held an elephant?

Last time I held a grudge. Duh.

Their business model can't compete with the online infastructure why would I trade you a game for 5 bucks, when I can sell that game on amazon or ebay for 30, 25 dollars difference for listing packaging and shipping my game.

I buy alot of games on amazon anyway vs paying from game stops overpriced hype

I can't stand Game Stop... They are nothing but liars about every program they have and refused exchanges. I'm not a gamer but my son is and I once asked a employee they have this same game at Best Buy for xx amount cheaper and he stated yeah there hurting us.. you think?? That was 7 months ago. Then when I went back only because I bought my son a controller there and was told I had warranty on it for xx amount of time because I have there membership grab they won't not do anything. That was 4 months ago and I walked out with my son got in the truck and said there days are numbered and I will never do business here again even though I stopped doing business there because everything was cheaper at Best Buy.. Happy to see them GOOO You can't treat your customers like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Their business model can't compete with the online infastructure why would I trade you a game for 5 bucks, when I can sell that game on amazon or ebay for 30, 25 dollars difference for listing packaging and shipping my game.

It's just a dying technology. The whole cartridge games the manufacturers are still trying to push will die off and so will all these businesses.

Retail boxes are dying overall. The only thing that will survive will be grocery stores and even then that will be changing with time.

It's just a dying technology. The whole cartridge games the manufacturers are still trying to push will die off and so will all these businesses.

Retail boxes are dying overall. The only thing that will survive will be grocery stores and even then that will be changing with time.

Well with clouds and downloads, who needs the disc? Alot of retro games that game stop was dying for trade ins on for their "retro game store" are available as Roms and digital downloads on the console market places. I the FYE, a music store is on the same chopping block

11 hours ago, hegemony said:

I am surprised it has taken this long.  I certainly don't play as many games as I used to, but now with the ability to download massive amounts of data in a short period of time, why even make "hard" editions.  Cost more for the developer, not as convenient for the end-user.  I certainly would opt for a download, and if that weren't available get it on Amazon delivered that day (since most games are price locked across all retailers), even moreso now with COVID-19.    I think COVID will be the end for this and many other chains.  I think shopping in a post-COVID world will never be the same.