Sign in to follow this  
amandanicolem87

AFNI- Assistance Please?

So, I've been doing some digging on their shadiness... but I wanted to stop and reassess before a make a mess...

This just popped up yesterday. (Mortgage app triggered it I guess) I have time- signed a 6 month lease option while I was for my student loans to be fixed.

I don't recall having an AT&T contract. This, however, does not mean that my ex husband didn't get one for "me." That said, if that is what it is (much like my Verizon collection), it would have had to have been in 2011/2012.

I haven't received anything in the mail. What should I do first? Anything new in dealing with these scum?

XXXX
-
XXXX
Account Type
Collection
-
Collection
Terms
1 Month
-
-
Date Opened
12/01/2016
-
12/08/2016
Account Status
Closed
-
Closed
Payment Status
Late
-
Late
Payment Status Details
Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department
-
Unpaid
Status Updated
03/01/2017
-
03/19/2017
Balance
$658.00
-
$658.00
Balance Updated
-
-
-
Credit Limit
-
-
-
Past Due Amount
$658.00
-
-
High Balance
-
-
-
Monthly Payment
-
-
-
Balloon Payment
-
-
-
Contact Phone
(888) 216-2408
-
(800) 371-3645
Contact Address
PO BOX 3097, BLOOMINGTON, IL 61702
-
404 BROCK DR PO BOX 3097, BLOOMINGTON, IL 61701
Ownership
Individual
-
Individual Account
Original Creditor
AT T MOBILITY
-
AT T MOBILITY
Company Sold-to
-
-
-
Original Amount
$658.00
-
$658.00
Comments
-
-
-

I would dispute it with AFNI and send them a letter demanding validation and letting them know that you have never had such an account.

I got a letter from AFNI a few months ago from ATT from 2013. I sent them a validation letter certified, they never responded. I still have the letter and the green card confirming delivery if they every pop up on my reports. They have not shown up on my reports as of today.

I got a letter from AFNI a few months ago from ATT from 2013. I sent them a validation letter certified, they never responded. I still have the letter and the green card confirming delivery if they every pop up on my reports. They have not shown up on my reports as of today.

This is what worries me. I see a lot of this- they NEVER respond to anything. And it's already on my reports. If they sent anything, they sent it to an old address- not the current one listed on my credit report. If they aren't going to respond, I'm left with little leeway beyond paying it to get a mortgage. But they are listing it as an account that was just defaulted in December of 2016. (If that were even a valid date, a collection agency wouldn't have it from AT&T yet anyways.)

This is what worries me. I see a lot of this- they NEVER respond to anything. And it's already on my reports. If they sent anything, they sent it to an old address- not the current one listed on my credit report. If they aren't going to respond, I'm left with little leeway beyond paying it to get a mortgage. But they are listing it as an account that was just defaulted in December of 2016. (If that were even a valid date, a collection agency wouldn't have it from AT&T yet anyways.)

Yea, I sent them the Validation letter immediately after I received their collection notice in the mail, so I believe that they are obligated to reply to me within 30 days. I'm sure if it ever pops up on my report, it'll be difficult, but I'll have the paper trail, and I still have the letter they sent me.