Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

After credit pull vehicle order?

The last post in this topic was posted 1195 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Based on a credit application with a dealer, would a dealer allow someone to order a car if they didn't feel the the potential customer wouldn't qualify for a loan?

BTW, when a dealer pulls, is the score always a FICO Auto score? Also what's the range for FICO Auto?

Thanks!

Edited by crabjoe

Depends on which version of Auto Enhanced used and which bureau. Upper range can be 850-900. We are in the automotive industry and use scores that are predictive for our industry.

If you want to order a vehicle, usually a fairly significant deposit is requested. You can worry about your credit when the car comes in. If it built to spec it will be more than 30 days, so any approval would have expired.

Thanks Marv... I went ahead and ordered with a $1000 deposit but I've got an out in that I can cancel for any reason and get my deposit back.. I have no idea why they wanted the deposit, if I can get out.. That didn't make sense to me.

Glue must be elmers because I think a bit of water would have undone it.. I had them add the clause to the sales order and their sales manager initial and sign it.

In a way, they did try and screw me by saying they had allocation to order.. When I called them to get a production number, the guy that handles the orders said BMW wouldn't take it and it was probably because of a part shortage.. One of BMW's suppliers had a fire and it's preventing them from finishing any convertible builds. But when I looked into it, I found out it was really an allocation issue.. in that they didn't have allocation. I then went to the dealer and confronted the ordering guy ... When he thought I was going to cancel and walk, he was on the phone with another dealer to get allocation and the order was placed and I had my production number.

Glad I had that line added. :-) Called BMW today and it's got a prelim build week of week 16 ... and was told it could happen sooner. If all goes well, I'll have my new car by the end of May. Right now, I'm trying to decide if I should take deliver at BMW's Performance Driving Center or at the dealer.

The reason it's called glue is if you change your mind, you have to come back and get your money. That way they get another shot at you. I'm just explaining things from the dealership's perspective.

Exactly. If they just let people come in and order a car without paying anything, a lot of them would never come back. So with a deposit down, no matter what happens, you're going to have to come back to the store at least once to get your deposit back. Dealers can't sell you anything if you're not there in person.

I am the GM at a Alfa Romeo Fiat Studio, The Factory requires us to have a deposit on file for price protection as well. It can be as little as $25, but it will protect you from any price increase in the car between order and delivery

If you can, take delivery at the Performance Center.

I haven't taken delivery there but I've done a couple of their special events and they are a first class place. It looks like taking delivery there doesn't cost anything and they even give you a room for the night so it sounds well worth it. It's easy for me to say though since I live about 90 minutes from it.

A friend of mine took delivery of his M2 there and loved it.

Probably not nearly as exciting as European delivery but much better than your standard dealer delivery.

The last post in this topic was posted 1195 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.