Sign in to follow this  
flgrl75

Fresh 30 Day Past Due [emoji849]

I have so many credit cards and I've never had a late payment, let alone a 30 day. I just lost my Grandmother and had to pay bills from out of state and managed to miss one of those.

It only carries a balance of $88 and it's for NY &Co.

What are the chances I call and PIF that they remove it? I am in tears right now. I don't need this on my report. I'm so upset with myself.

Is there anything I can say to try to get it removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a goodwill letter. With your situation and past credit history it's worth a shot. Sorry for your loss.

Thank you. So I'm going to call them now, should I offer a PIF and see if they'll remove it or is that pointless with a rep? Either way I'm going to PIF though. I love having credit, not so much the bills lol. I over did it on stupid store cards so my goal this year is to pay them all off and sock drawer them. Because this is what happens, so many you lose track.

Well, I called. I had already made payment in full on the website. He offered to wave the late fee however since I paid it all off I didn't take the offer. He told me all I could do was dispute it through the experian. So I immediately did so. However I am going to get a draft ready to be sent in to the higher ups to try to get it rectified as I'm sure my request will be denied. I'm soooo sad. I was waiting for my cap one card to post as I paid it half way down last month as we are needing to move and I was expecting my score to go up not down 40 points. Bummer.

Sorry for your loss. You could try sending one of the higher ups maybe the CEO a letter explaining the situation honestly and asking if they could remove the late considering the situation, wouldn't hurt to try. Might I recommend setting up automatic payments for the minimum on all your cards so this doesn't happen again?