JDB issue - letter/calls threatening lawsuit

EvilQueen

The last post in this topic was posted 2023 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Maybe I misunderstood that part, but a Yahoo email is a dead giveaway that this is a scammer.

Also calling and discussing this with family and threatening to serve at the OP's place of employment.

Yep, using a Yahoo email is not exactly very business like.

As for calling & discussing with family & threatening to serve, well, let's just say those are two things that when done can get you paid a lot of money.

Payout is nothing for an untraceable scammer.

It looks like they are operating by piggybacking off of the name of a legitimate business.

Legitimate business don't make that many errors trying to collect a debt. That's one clue that this is a scam.

I'm going strictly by my own experiences with 4 different JDBs that yes, were more than stupid enough to make a lot of mistakes that got me paid for those mistakes.

From calling relatives, to leaving harassing VMs, to not leaving proper details on VMs, to excessive calls, to calling at all hours, there are more than enough legitimate JDBs who still make a lot of mistakes.

So while the OP's case is most likely a scam. don't make the assumption that just because a JDB makes a lot of mistakes they're not legitimate.

I've got the checks to prove otherwise.

I bet none of them used a Yahoo email address.

Hey, at least it isn't aol or hotmail. :grin:

Or Prodigy.

:rofl:

Thank you all SO much for your input - I did credit repair several years ago, and these boards were phenomenal help.
I knew right away that this letter wasn't correct

And until the last year or two I never had any experience with JDB's who are "ghost" companies that you cannot actually track down

They love to tell me what a deadbeat loser I am when I call them out on their BS :)

I haven't actually spoken with this one... just the last one "Quantam & Bethall" - who do not exist.

the yahoo address was a giveaway

I did not receive this in email, I got it in postal mail.

it was "Quantam & Bethall" that emailed me the last thing.. I told them a million times to serve me - of course they never did, only said they had filed etc.

So THIS letter from :The credit solution - looks SOOOO unprofessional.. and their envelope has stickers for their own name and address as well as mine... this one at least appears to have a website (not that this is great)...

http://www.thecreditsolutionllc.com/

So, should I waste my time with them or let it go?

I really want them to stop calling all the people. Should I send a letter saying they have violated FDCPRA & FCRA or contact an attorney or let it go.

Thank you all so very much for your valuable input.. sorry I was gone for a few days on family issues

Thank you all SO much for your input - I did credit repair several years ago, and these boards were phenomenal help.

I knew right away that this letter wasn't correct

And until the last year or two I never had any experience with JDB's who are "ghost" companies that you cannot actually track down

They love to tell me what a deadbeat loser I am when I call them out on their BS :)

I haven't actually spoken with this one... just the last one "Quantam & Bethall" - who do not exist.

the yahoo address was a giveaway

I did not receive this in email, I got it in postal mail.

it was "Quantam & Bethall" that emailed me the last thing.. I told them a million times to serve me - of course they never did, only said they had filed etc.

So THIS letter from :The credit solution - looks SOOOO unprofessional.. and their envelope has stickers for their own name and address as well as mine... this one at least appears to have a website (not that this is great)...

http://www.thecreditsolutionllc.com/

So, should I waste my time with them or let it go?

I really want them to stop calling all the people. Should I send a letter saying they have violated FDCPRA & FCRA or contact an attorney or let it go.

Thank you all so very much for your valuable input.. sorry I was gone for a few days on family issues

Read the piggybacking comments.

I would ignore and move on.

• Admin

If you can find an FDCPA attorney in your area, see if they're interested. If they win, their fees are paid by the CA. If they don't think they can win, they'll just say so.

Otherwise, I'd send a C&D letter. There are a lot of letters in the letter section - scroll down on the main page and you'll see it near the bottom.

Thank you

I did read all of the comments, but got conflicting comments about the pursue the violations and let it go due to ghost companies... so I wasn't sure what was best. I do value and appreciate everyones input greatly!

I will see if I can contact a FDCPRA attorney (Also in CA they are required to have the rosenthall notice etc) and see what they say

EQ,

If you contact an atty & nothing comes of it, it won't cost you anything but the time you spent talking to them.

For me, if there's even a remote chance I can cause one of these scum bags to lose some money for their illegal behavior, I will most certainly do it.

The last post in this topic was posted 2023 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.