JDB issue - letter/calls threatening lawsuit

EvilQueen

The last post in this topic was posted 2094 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I received a notice from Credit Solution LLC - this notice contains no information about FDCPRA rights or anything.... wherever possible I have kept formatting/color/bold/underline.. It should be noted that I did not receive a "First notice"

This is the notice:

The Credit Solution LLC

PO Box

Kansas

Phone #'s Date: (hand written) 3-2-17

------------------

My old name

Address

Account #

2nd and Final Notice

Collection

Dear My old Name,

Your unpaid balance of $XXX.XX with the business GE MONEY - elaborated division, is past due. You may pay the balance now or discuss your payment options with us to satisfy this past due debt. If no response is received within thirty days of the date at top we will consider you unwilling to satisfy this debt and will turn the debt over to our legal department. Please contact us regarding this notice so we can forgo this necessary action. Because of high call volume received we may also be contacted by email for a faster reply at: theiremail@yahoo.com (--note from me - YAHOO?!)

Sincerely,

The Credit Solution LLC

-------------------------------

Please cut along line above and return with payment to

The Credit Solution LLC
Address

Or for your convenience you may fill out and attach to email: theiremail@yahoo.com

We accept the following payment methods:

Visa, Master Card, Certified Check, or personal check made out to the Credit Solution LLC

fillable data for account # amount paid signature etc

If using a credit card please foll out this credit card authorization form and return it with this slip

Attached is a Credit/Debit Card authorization form

There is no other information. This "Creditor" has listed their full name, address, on the "sender" field of their correspondence.

There is no information on your rights under FDCPRA

They have called my phone and left a message about serving me and to call them

They called my mother in law and told her that I need to call them "to avoid being embarrassed by being served at work".

From what I know of this, it is WELL beyond the statute of limitations for lawsuit in CA (4 years)... and I am pretty certain that it is either beyond it's 7 year status for reporting or if not it is VERY close.

It is suspicious that they use a yahoo account for their email correspondence.

So, in any case, can I or should I send a debt validation letter to them via email? I also want them to stop calling all the people - including me. If they want to waste postage that is their thing.

The last sham that had this called about 10x per day and always threatened lawsuits. They would not send me ANY written correspondence, they refused to give me their company address - they reluctantly gave me the name - but even then, I could find very little online. They constantly threatened to sue me. I requested validation or even where to direct correspondence MANY times, they refused at each turn. They never at any time sent me anything in the mail. I did get them to send me an email ONCE, but it was limitedly helpful.

I made a complaint with the attorney general's office for their shady practices, but the AG office was unable to get any information either.

So the question becomes... what do I do with all of this?
Thank you so much for any and all of your time :)

There are so many violations there, I would get a good credit attorney & go after them.

I've caught 4 different JDBS in the last year not properly leaving VMs for me, had my attorney contact them & each time we settled, with me getting a nice check.

The last one not only removed the account from my CR, they paid out & will not sell the debt again, nice win for me for them not properly leaving a VM.

Good luck & I hope you get paid well for their mistakes.

They are probably "judgement proof" as in not traceable.

IMO it's better to ignore untraceable scammers than to waste time trying to file a lawsuit that can't happen.

They did provide an address (redacted by the op?) for mailing a check. That's rather unusual with places operating with no regard for the DCPA. There would also be a record of deposit.

IMO it's better to ignore untraceable scammers than to waste time trying to file a lawsuit that can't happen.

They did provide an address (redacted by the op?) for mailing a check. That's rather unusual with places operating with no regard for the DCPA. There would also be a record of deposit.

A PO Box.

A PO Box.

Easy to find owner when suing.

http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/foia/coa-or-boxholder-form.pdf

Also, LLC's have to have file with the state info where they can receive process notices.

Edited by cashnocredit

The Credit Solutions LLC, based on their website, does not use a PO Box for contact and they do not use yahoo email addresses.

Scammers are able to get PO Boxes.

No legitimate collector is going to use a Yahoo email address.

It still sounds to me like they are untraceable scammers.

They are obviously piggybacking on the name of a legitimate company. Searching for LLC registration won't tell you that.

Edited by mendelssohn

A phone call to a consumer debt attorney will solve it quickly for the OP, will take all of 5 mins, better to know for certain than to wonder "what if."

Attorney may even know more details about the alleged JDB.

I say this as someone who had not heard of the 4 JBDs I filed against, nor was I able to find much out about them on the Internet, but my attorney sure knew who they were.

Edited by SierraStar

A phone call to a consumer debt attorney will solve it quickly for the OP, will take all of 5 mins, better to know for certain than to wonder "what if."

Do you wonder about collection notices sent via a Yahoo email?

Do you wonder about collection notices sent via a Yahoo email?

It wasn't sent via email, OP received a notice that states, "Please cut along line above and return with payment to...", kind of hard to cut here on an email.

OP asked about responding to their notice via the email they gave in the notification, OP did not state they received an email notification.

Only OP can clarify method they received notification from JDB.

And yes, I've received collection notices via email, from CAs and JDBs, while they didn't use a Yahoo address, I have gotten them.

From Island National Group & Synchrony's in house CA.

Edited by SierraStar

Maybe I misunderstood that part, but a Yahoo email is a dead giveaway that this is a scammer.

Also calling and discussing this with family and threatening to serve at the OP's place of employment.

Yep, using a Yahoo email is not exactly very business like.

As for calling & discussing with family & threatening to serve, well, let's just say those are two things that when done can get you paid a nice amount of $$.

The first JDB that did that to me learned that hard way to play by the rules.

Edited by SierraStar

Maybe I misunderstood that part, but a Yahoo email is a dead giveaway that this is a scammer.

Also calling and discussing this with family and threatening to serve at the OP's place of employment.

As for calling & discussing with family & threatening to serve, well, let's just say those are two things that when done can get you paid a lot of money.

Payout is nothing for an untraceable scammer.

It looks like they are operating by piggybacking off of the name of a legitimate business.

Legitimate business don't make that many errors trying to collect a debt. That's one clue that this is a scam.

As for calling & discussing with family & threatening to serve, well, let's just say those are two things that when done can get you paid a lot of money.

It looks like they are operating by piggybacking off of the name of a legitimate business.

Legitimate business don't make that many errors trying to collect a debt. That's one clue that this is a scam.

I'm going strictly by my own experiences with 4 different JDBs that yes, were more than stupid enough to make a lot of mistakes that got me paid for those mistakes.

From calling relatives, to leaving harassing VMs, to not leaving proper details on VMs, to excessive calls, to calling at all hours, there are more than enough legitimate JDBs who still make a lot of mistakes.

So while the OP's case is most likely a scam. don't make the assumption that just because a JDB makes a lot of mistakes they're not legitimate.

I've got the checks to prove otherwise.

I'm going strictly by my own experiences with 4 different JDBs that yes, were more than stupid enough to make a lot of mistakes that got me paid for those mistakes.

From calling relatives, to leaving harassing VMs, to not leaving proper details on VMs, to excessive calls, to calling at all hours, there are more than enough legitimate JDBs who still make a lot of mistakes.

So while the OP's case is most likely a scam. don't make the assumption that just because a JDB makes a lot of mistakes they're not legitimate.

I bet none of them used a Yahoo email address.

The Credit Solutions LLC, based on their website, does not use a PO Box for contact and they do not use yahoo email addresses.

Scammers are able to get PO Boxes.

No legitimate collector is going to use a Yahoo email address.

It still sounds to me like they are untraceable scammers.

They are obviously piggybacking on the name of a legitimate company. Searching for LLC registration won't tell you that.

'

YES<

Hey, at least it isn't aol or hotmail. :grin:

Or their company web page is on MySpace

Or their company web page is on MySpace

:rofl:

Or Prodigy.

The last post in this topic was posted 2094 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.