Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

I once ate a vegetable.

The last post in this topic was posted 1074 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Vegetables are my foods' food. That said I love veggies too and eat them a lot. Spinach is great in green smoothies. I easily get 5 servings a day at the least.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

What better with steak than grilled asparagus?

Cabernet or Zinfandel are both better with steak than asparagus.

Zin? Oh holy chocolate, not me. I'm mostly a cab drinker though, so there's a little bias there...

I love when people talk about how delicious vegetables are, and then outline preparation methods like breading and frying them, or some sauce involving butter or heavy cream, or dipping them in commercial ranch dressing full of chemicals.

Gotta use something to wash all the chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, and fungus off the vegetables.

...And don't forget about preservatives. I look for foods with extra preservatives. Logic has it that if the preservatives preserve the food, the person eating foods full of preservatives will also have preservative benefits. Eating more preservatives should equal a longer life.

Cabernet or Zinfandel are both better with steak than asparagus.

Zin? Oh holy chocolate, not me. I'm mostly a cab drinker though, so there's a little bias there...

I'm not talking about white zin. Or that crap from Lodi or the California Central Coast. I'm talking good old vine zin from Dry Creek or Alexander Valley.

Prime rib and brussels sprouts. ;)

A juicy slab of brisket that's been smoked over with mesquite for 8-12 hours (depending on the cut), beans, and dinner rolls.

Failing that, a grilled rib eye and a baked potato.

...and beer. Beer is salad, right? :lol:

EDIT: My smoker is an offset reverse-flow setup... There's no "over" involved :P

Edited by clc222

I love when people talk about how delicious vegetables are, and then outline preparation methods like breading and frying them, or some sauce involving butter or heavy cream, or dipping them in commercial ranch dressing full of chemicals.

Or they are always coming up with preparations that mimic meat. Veggie burgers, vegetarian goulash, veggie corned beef hash etc.

You never hear of anyone preparing steak so it tastes like squash.

Edited by clutchcargo

I have yet to meet a vegetarian who isn't a huge pain in the a5s in all other aspects of life.

This is exponentially true of vegans.

This isn't about food, it's about the desperate need for attention.

^^^

Similarly I have a female friend (who is not overweight) who is constantly trying new diets. ALL you hear about is what she can and cannot eat. She twists EVERY conversation back to her diet. We go out to lunch and I mention that the goulash looks good. OH, I CAN'T HAVE THAT! Even when I point out we are at a restaurant and we are free to order whatever we want.

I once ate vegetable, Chipped my teeth on the wheelchair.

I was going to go that direction...I have Tendency to word things poorly

We already went that way with the Terri Schaivo reference....

I once ate vegetable, Chipped my teeth on the wheelchair.

I was going to go that direction...I have Tendency to word things poorly

We already went that way with the Terri Schaivo reference....

I almost forgot about her till you said it, I remember all the propoganda I got about how she has a will to live and will recover, tho scientific evidence proved otherwise

I once ate a vegetable as well, beef eats veggies therefore by proxy I ate veggies

When you think about it beef eats veggies. But what do veggies eat? Yep, animal excrement and other yummy, decaying dead things. So when you eat veggies you are once removed from the excrement but if you eat beef, you are at least twice removed.

It's hard to get more removed from excrement than that.

I once ate a vegetable as well, beef eats veggies therefore by proxy I ate veggies

When you think about it beef eats veggies. But what do veggies eat? Yep, animal excrement and other yummy, decaying dead things. So when you eat veggies you are once removed from the excrement but if you eat beef, you are at least twice removed.

It's hard to get more removed from excrement than that.

Yes yes yes

Everyone knows of the Mushroom Theory for the workplace right? Keep you in the dark, feed you a bunch of s#!t

I just heard that analogy a few months back but it's so true

Everyone knows of the Mushroom Theory for the workplace right? Keep you in the dark, feed you a bunch of s#!t

I just heard that analogy a few months back but it's so true

Many a coworker had a cartoon with a mushroom shrugging with that caption. Earliest I recall was around 1978. Likely dates long before that.

The last post in this topic was posted 1074 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.