BOA They got me!

The last post in this topic was posted 1466 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I recently applied for BOA's travel signature visa, approved for $7k. I already had the Better Balance MC. There are certainly other better travel cards out there, but for my spend pattern, it seemed like a decent card.

So, I check online - and I see they lowered my MC by $1500, from 12k to 10,500. I did this app over the phone, and the CSR said nothing about lowering my credit limit. It won't impact my credit score, thankfully, on that card. But man, that's really cheesy. I thought the whole point in doing it by phone was to prevent that kind of thing from happening.

Not too shabby. If you have a checking account with them it is sort of a $2.25% cash back card redeemable against only travel purchases but if that's ok with you nothing wrong with it.

I'm debating picking it up to start a relationship with BofA but still haven't been able to justify the new account since I won't use it after the bonus.

For me, a $200 bonus isn't anything to get excited about. But - I know that with $1000 spend over 3 months, I can do that without having to deal with manufactured spend, and the best any card I'm aware of can do with spending $1k is 50 bucks. So, in the short run, it's an easy decision.

I think it's worth sharing - the UW I spoke today with defended the CSR, saying that the system "may do that" and not even let the CSR know. He said if I hadn't just gotten the CLI, it likely wouldn't have touched the limit on the first card. He wouldn't / couldn't say just how things might have gone if I hadn't gotten the CLI recently. But, he said I'd have to play with the limit on the new card and the new limit on the old card before they'd give another boost. He suggested success would be possible after 6 months, but more likely after a year.

Unfortunately, I didn't think to ask him if I could ask for a CLI on both cards at the same time. My thinking is it would be a 50/50 chance.

Ugh, sorry to hear about the RobinHood CL theft...I despise when they do this and even more so when they don't inform you!

Keep in mind that when you're at the maximum personal exposure point, playing with CLIs can bite you (personal experience specifically with BOA on this one). It's unlikely, but can happen.

Regardless, good luck and congrats on the new card!

Ugh, sorry to hear about the RobinHood CL theft...I despise when they do this and even more so when they don't inform you!

Keep in mind that when you're at the maximum personal exposure point, playing with CLIs can bite you (personal experience specifically with BOA on this one). It's unlikely, but can happen.

"maximum personal exposure point" - I think I know what this means -- that point where the lender won't feel comfortable giving more credit - so maybe it's better to apply for a new card with the same lender (if that's the plan) before asking for a CLI? Or maybe better off not asking for the CLI at all?

"maximum personal exposure point" - I think I know what this means -- that point where the lender won't feel comfortable giving more credit - so maybe it's better to apply for a new card with the same lender (if that's the plan) before asking for a CLI? Or maybe better off not asking for the CLI at all?

When at that point, CLIs are the way to go. Otherwise new accounts will very likely simply result in the re-allotment of already available credit (thefting from a current card)

The last post in this topic was posted 1466 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.