Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Need Higher Limit Card For Balance Transfer

The last post in this topic was posted 1226 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Which balance transfer cards (Not Chase Slate nor City Simplicity already have) that have a minimum of 15 months 0% balance transfer tend to give higher credit limits? Discover It? Citi Diamond? Others? I need to move over about 5k and getting less than 12k credit limit would be a waste for me. All 3 Fico 8 scores are between 765-772 I have one card with a higher balance. Most of my cards are in the 9k range with 1 at 15k and one at 24k.

Thanks Guys.

Less than 12k wouldn't necessarily be a waste... you would take a short-term ding for higher utilization on FICO...

But, is that preferable to the interest you are going to begin to pay when your promo period ends?

Try BOA or NFCU

Edited by Tileguy61

I can't think of any BT card that gives a limit over $12,000 to a first time borrower.

Consider the Ring card by Barclays. It recently changed from a low ongoing APR to a Slate-like 0%/15mo (0%/45d BT fee) setup.

What did you get on the Slate and Simplicity, and did you already have cards with them?

I have no hard data to back this up, but I think you can get more than one Slate and more than one Simplicity.

Citi Simplicity 21 months (BT)

Chase Slate 15 months (BT)

Citi Diamond Preferred 21 months (BT)

Bank Americard 18 months (BT)

Bank Americard Better Balance Rewards 12 months (BT)

US Bank Platinum 12 months (BT)

Wells Fargo Platinum 15 months (BT)

Edited by CreditNewb15

NFCU

Is it the promo ending by March 1st

IIRC NFCU always gives you the chance to do a 0% BT on a new card.

Ok. Was not aware. I might have declined when I got the CC. I usually decline BT on a new it might look suspicious to a lender

NFCU

Is it the promo ending by March 1st

IIRC NFCU always gives you the chance to do a 0% BT on a new card.

Ok. Was not aware. I might have declined when I got the CC. I usually decline BT on a new it might look suspicious to a lender

I could be wrong, but I thought that was the case.

I can't think of any BT card that gives a limit over $12,000 to a first time borrower.

Consider the Ring card by Barclays. It recently changed from a low ongoing APR to a Slate-like 0%/15mo (0%/45d BT fee) setup.

What did you get on the Slate and Simplicity, and did you already have cards with them?

I have no hard data to back this up, but I think you can get more than one Slate and more than one Simplicity.

You are correct. I ended up doing an app for Citi Simplicity to get the 21 mo BT offer...got it. Shocked they gave me 14,300 since my other Simplicity is stuck at 9600 and would not give me more LOL. Thanks again never occurred to me to have 2 of the same card.

You are correct. I ended up doing an app for Citi Simplicity to get the 21 mo BT offer...got it. Shocked they gave me 14,300 since my other Simplicity is stuck at 9600 and would not give me more LOL. Thanks again never occurred to me to have 2 of the same card.

Glad it worked out for u.

The last post in this topic was posted 1226 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.