Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

A Bold Proclamation About My Discovery Account

I already had a girl's credit card, and a gay debit card, but thanks to Discovery and the incomparable United States Postal Service I now have

the gayest credit card of all time.

There are at least eleven US states where using this card in public will get you log chained to a trailer hitch and dragged behind a pickup truck.

IMG_5537_zpszygj9lgq.png

Interestingly enough, I ordered this design ages ago.

Simply so that I could "add it to the collection".

I then immediately replaced it with this one.

I already had a girl's credit card, and a gay debit card, but thanks to Discovery and the incomparable United States Postal Service I now have

There are at least eleven US states where using this card in public will get you log chained to a trailer hitch and dragged behind a pickup truck.

IMG_5537_zpszygj9lgq.png

Can you name the states? I'm just curious.

...get you log chained to a trailer hitch and dragged behind a pickup truck.

Sounds kinky!

Jokes aside, I can't tell if you're proud or ashamed of it :blink:

ETA: I find myself falling into the "proud or ashamed" category myself, and I've got the Spruce :D

Edited by clc222

IMG_5537_zpszygj9lgq.png

I'll spot him two...

1. Alabama

2. Mississippi

IMG_5537_zpszygj9lgq.png

I'll spot him two...

1. Alabama

2. Mississippi

I was in Alabama recently...

My wife and I were having dinner with a group of friends, and I was flipping through one of those "homes for sale" magazines. I spotted a house and said, "here's one I can afford". My friend who lives there said that housing was pretty cheap, and my wife said we could easily afford to live there. I went on, "No, really... I have enough money in my pocket now to buy this house." I wasn't kidding, but I walked it back when I saw the dirty look my wife gave me. She doesn't like it when I carry cash (let alone enough to buy a house).

My wife and I were having dinner with a group of friends, and I was flipping through one of those "homes for sale" magazines. I spotted a house and said, "here's one I can afford". My friend who lives there said that housing was pretty cheap, and my wife said we could easily afford to live there. I went on, "No, really... I have enough money in my pocket now to buy this house." I wasn't kidding, but I walked it back when I saw the dirty look my wife gave me. She doesn't like it when I carry cash (let alone enough to buy a house).

Maybe the dirty look was because that was a pretentious thing to say/do in front of your friend.

I emailed a picture of my card to TD. Response:

Ooo I want one too. But discover?! Nah useless.

He's come a long ways... :lol:

I emailed a picture of my card to TD. Response:

Ooo I want one too. But discover?! Nah useless.

He's come a long ways... :lol:

I'm so proud of my dirty foreigner/credit card snob. :good:

IMG_5537_zpszygj9lgq.png

I'll spot him two...

1. Alabama

2. Mississippi

Im betting # 3 is GA and #4 is FL ????????

I'll spot him two...

1. Alabama

2. Mississippi

Nah. Florida is partly Northerners escaping snow, ice, and high taxes, and the rest are just sitting in G-d's Waiting Room. Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale are the 6th and 7th Boroughs and Miami-Dade is an adjoining Latin American country.

I'll spot him two...

1. Alabama

2. Mississippi

Nah. Florida is partly Northerners escaping snow, ice, and high taxes, and the rest are just sitting in G-d's Waiting Room. Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale are the 6th and 7th Boroughs and Miami-Dade is an adjoining Latin American country.

Pretty much...and Tampa is very LGBT friendly...they don't call Ybor City GAYbor for nothing.

I'll spot him two...

1. Alabama

2. Mississippi

Outside the big cities - Huntsville, Birmingham, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, and The Shoals housing is quite reasonable. However, there's not much in the way of jobs outside of those areas either. Property taxes are low there, but your sales taxes (8-11%) and the sin taxes are huge there.

I'll spot him two...

1. Alabama

2. Mississippi

Pretty much...and Tampa is very LGBT friendly...they don't call Ybor City GAYbor for nothing.

South Florida is very different from North Florida. I think nearly everyone in South Beach is gay but Jacksonville and places on the other hand wouldn't be the most gay friendly locales.

IMG_5537_zpszygj9lgq.png

I'll spot him two...

1. Alabama

2. Mississippi

Since this has actually happened in Wyoming . . . Although I'm pretty sure Discover was not involved. The victim behind the truck was more of an Amex Platinum type.

1. Alabama

2. Mississippi

3. Georgia

4. Florida, north of I-4

5. Wyoming

6. ?????

I'll spot him two...

1. Alabama

2. Mississippi

It may surprise you that Georgia is a very gay friendly state. Atlanta has the 2nd highest gay population and consistently ranks as the #1 city to live in by gay magazines (so I've been told). Savannah for years has been transgender friendly. Their drag queen shows, even 25 years ago, were mainstream... everybody went to see the Lady Chablis drag queen show... straight, gay, politicians.