Sign in to follow this  
JeffeVerde

Walmart store card - Maximum credit limit $10k ?

I have a Walmart store card (free FICO). The last couple CLI requests have resulted in a letter stating that I'm already at their maximum limit ($10k), and I'm wondering if that means I've hit their maximum exposure, or just their maximum exposure for me.

Does anyone have a Walmart store card with a CL greater than $10k?

I have a Walmart store card (free FICO). The last couple CLI requests have resulted in a letter stating that I'm already at their maximum limit ($10k), and I'm wondering if that means I've hit their maximum exposure, or just their maximum exposure for me.

How high is your overall maximum exposure with Synchrony?

Interesting. My EQ and EX are both clean, with 820+ FICO's and util < 5%. But my TU still has an 8 year old Tax Lien (paid), and my FICO is 760-something. Maybe that's what's got me stuck at 10k.

Only other Synchrony is Lowes at $35k. And Lowes just gave me a $10k bump two weeks ago, while Wally has been stuck at 10k for almost a year.

I'd tried the button on the Walmart MC/Synchrony website - as well as the Marvel MC.

"Synchrony Bank has recently reviewed your request to increase the credit line on your Walmart Mastercard Account.

We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows."

It could be that it caps at 10k via love button, but maybe underwriters can boost it higher when you call. <shrug>

I would call them, but honestly, both cards are at 10k. They are tied for my 3rd highest limit, and I've yet to put more than $200 on both cards combined. I'd feel cheap and dirty asking for more over the phone. I feel slightly less cheap and dirty mashing a button.

Only other Synchrony is Lowes at $35k. And Lowes just gave me a $10k bump two weeks ago, while Wally has been stuck at 10k for almost a year.

Maybe $10K is the new limit. I've got $30K on my Walmart MasterCard, but I got that in 2015.

I take it you called the Sr UW number in the backdoor numbers thread.

I'd tried the button on the Walmart MC/Synchrony website - as well as the Marvel MC.

"Synchrony Bank has recently reviewed your request to increase the credit line on your Walmart Mastercard Account.

We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows."

It could be that it caps at 10k via love button, but maybe underwriters can boost it higher when you call. <shrug>

I would call them, but honestly, both cards are at 10k. They are tied for my 3rd highest limit, and I've yet to put more than $200 on both cards combined. I'd feel cheap and dirty asking for more over the phone. I feel slightly less cheap and dirty mashing a button.

$10K is the limit with the luv button.

If u are requesting a big limit i don't think the Luv button will work i always call the Senior UW.

Edited by bigpoppa09

I recieved the same letter when requesting a 25k limit on my Mavel card and I did call an senor under writer. Maybe 10k is there new max??

c73de97674a4762692eb974c7867e021.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edited by dmills

Opened mine 1/2013 at $5k, two online CLI's took it to $15k by 1/2014. Thereafter, been getting the same letter (I need to call to speak to an UW)

I don't think anything has changed. Just got $25K on the wife's SAMs club card. Less than a month ago my boss was able to bump to $20K on Walmart.

Both via chat.

Edited by EricDET

Sync UW's have refused to raise my wife's store card over $10K. FICO's ~750 and a $27K AMEX as her highest limit.

has she tried calling ?

I don't think anything has changed. Just got $25K on the wife's SAMs club card. Less than a month ago my boss was able to bump to $20K on Walmart.

Both via chat.

We're talking about the plain store cards, not the Mastercard co-branded cards (the MC versions definitely have higher CL's). I believe Sam's only has a co-branded card. Do you know if your boss' Walmart card is Walmart/MC or plain Walmart?

Same question to Mendelssohn and others reporting a higher CL - is your card a non-MC wally's

Edited by JeffeVerde

Both via chat.

We're talking about the plain store cards, not the Mastercard co-branded cards (the MC versions definitely have higher CL's). I believe Sam's only has a co-branded card. Do you know if your boss' Walmart card is Walmart/MC or plain Walmart?

MasterCard

If you haven't yet bumped your Walmart card up to 35k, get it done.

Subprime CapOne takes over from subprime Synchrony on 10/11/19.

28 minutes ago, Occam said:

If you haven't yet bumped your Walmart card up to 35k, get it done.

Subprime CapOne takes over from subprime Synchrony on 10/11/19.

Never-ending series of FOADs from Synchrony for me.  

On 7/17/2019 at 6:54 PM, cv91915 said:

Never-ending series of FOADs from Synchrony for me.  

That's the way it's been for about five years for me. Yet they offer me preapproved other cards several times a year.