Sign in to follow this  
kaliryan

NFCU CLI strategy

December 16, 2017 I paid all but 2 of my credit cards off one was NFCU N rewards card that had $1,000 limit on it and I owed $920 & Ebay mastercard $1200 and I owed $1189.00. I applied to have my NFCU cashreward card (1500.00 limit) which had a 0 balance increased and was turned down for too many recent inquiries. When can I try again and is there a strategy to use.? I am hoping for SP also. I have recently transfered the balances off the two cards with on to a card with 0% interest for 15 months. My UTI is at 8% My CCT FICO 8 scores are 725 ex, 711 TU, 689 EQ. I have one late on all three from 16 months ago, and 4 medical on EQ and 1 medical on TU (working on those).

NFCU uses the mortgage score... typically lower than FICO 8

EQ is your worst and that is what NFCU uses... wait until that comes up.

There is no set time...

But with the baddies... it may be a while

Navy will do a soft pull for up to $24k, when you ask for $25k or higher then they do a hard pull, this based on my experience with their customer service on my Nrewards card and security freezes. You need to pay that card down to at least 30% before you ask for them to up your credit limit.

Navy will do a soft pull for up to $24k, when you ask for $25k or higher then they do a hard pull, this based on my experience with their customer service on my Nrewards card and security freezes. You need to pay that card down to at least 30% before you ask for them to up your credit limit.

I transferred the balance to another card so both of my NFCU accounts are now reporting 0 a balance.

They MAY do a soft pull. It depends on how long it is after AR that you request a credit line increase whether it's a soft or hard.

If its over $25,000 I have always seen it to be a hard pull. Every time it has been $25,000 or less it's always been a soft for me.

NFCU uses the mortgage score... typically lower than FICO 8

EQ is your worst and that is what NFCU uses... wait until that comes up.

There is no set time...

But with the baddies... it may be a while

There is no set CRA for products at NFCU.

It is usually EQ or TU, but can be both and in some rare cases, EX as well.

And requesting CLI's from a lender you have a maxed out card with doesn't usually have a happy ending

+1

Edited by mendelssohn

Wait until it updates on your credit reports so that your FICOs go up.

But FICO's may not increase since these balances were transferred to another card. The best shot the OP has for better FICO's here is to hope that both cards report their zero balances BEFORE the transferred balances appear on her other card and use this short window to apply!

Edited by Rogue