Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Best bet for higher limit for 21 mo.balance transfer

The last post in this topic was posted 1235 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Citi Diamond or Discover It? Need that 21 month bal transfer!My overall utilization has gone from 74% to 28%. This would put the final nail in the coffin to pay off the rest of my debt faster. Need a minimum of 12k as I would like to transfer over about 5k. THANKS!

All 3 FICO scores are in mid 760s. Overall util. at 28% highest single card at 88%.

Edited by gijoeboxer

I just looked at Discover's website and it shows 14 months with a 3% transfer fee. Perhaps there are better offers out there. I would app Citi first as they seem more sensitive to inquiries.

Another option to consider is NFCU which is offering 3% interest for 1 year with no BT fee through the end of February. They are also usually generous with the starting CL.

Edited by nooneimportant

I would app Citi first also. I have the Diamond (since 2015) & the Discover (since 2008).

My SL on my Diamond was $4,800 & is $10k now after 1HP CLI. Discover started at $1,500 IIRC & is $8,200 9yrs later. My score is over 800 now, but I was 720, or so, when I received the Diamond.

Initially, I transferred $4,500 onto the Diamond, but paid it off over 4 months. I was in the process of paying down $25k of revolving debt at the time like you indicated you are doing.

nooneimportant's suggestion of NFCU is another choice you should consider. My SL was $17,600 (Feb, 2016), but they bumped me to $25k (March, 2016). Whatever amount you're trying to pay down, a higher limit would boost your score by lowering your utilization, both collectively & individually.

My $25k is down to $7k now & is refinanced into a personal loan. Feels amazing to have $2 reporting on 1 card now. Wish you the best of luck

cd96282455ef6ef89df015b903cf845d.jpg

Edited by trachkids

i would have to agree with what was said above; discover is last, citi is second, but if you can go with navy federal; read the very long thread about "anyone can join" it is true - i did the same; got a 24K limit with them, with the 3% intro fee i'm paying about 18 per month in interest on around 9K, no balance transfer fee; certainly worth it to me;

The last post in this topic was posted 1235 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.