Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

NFCU App

The last post in this topic was posted 1266 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

You don't have to settle for Enneffseeyou with your scores. Aim higher.

Why would getting NFCU products be settling? I am curious about your position. They give nice starting limits with low APR's. (yes I know APR doesn't matter).

But again where is the settling? Also, what products should they be aiming for then?

They give nice limits when your credit blows chipmunks. That's their niche.

Once you're prime you can get great limits AND great rewards from the mainstream issuers, and there will be a line of companies around the block willing to do cheap BTs.

I see your point. Kinda.

It seems that the cashRewards, GoRewards and Flagship products while not industry leading are still competitive.

But back to your point about having prime FICO's; I wish at least in my case that was the only measuring stick. Granted I am only 4.5 months into this but even when I had an 833 TU 2 months ago I wasn't getting 5 digit limits likely due to my thin report. Also why I likely didn't get a better SL with NFCU.

In GIJoe's case I think that he needs to supply some more details before solid direction can be given. For instance, how many accounts in the past six months? How many cards over 30% utilization? Which lenders? What is the high limit? How do lenders look at 28% total utilization? etc..

Okay so you know my scores. I have 10 credit cards, many with 0 balance. My current credit union credit card has a high balance ( 8.6% APR) has a 11k balance with a 15k limit. I have 60k combined credit limit among all cards of which I am using 15,500 to give you a better idea. No lates..average age of accounts is 7 years. I have no inquiries whatsoever in the past 2 years. I still have to pinch myself that I am in the 760s. Never thought I would get there from the 610s a few years ago! What a mouse that was LOL. Thanks to all for your comments/advice. My highest limit is the 15k card. I just want an additional card with at least 15k if not 20k. I figured NFCU was my best option unless someone has another opinion? Not looking for rewards really. Low apr with a high limit that allows balance transfers.

I have 9 new accounts in the past 4 months and a 4.5 month credit history. I got 14.3k last week from NFCU. I am sure that your odds are pretty good at getting a 15k card from NFCU. My current scores and cards are in my sig.

With that said that high balance might be concerning especially on manual review.

As always, YMMV.

Edited by precision

I wanted to thank everyone for their help. I applied online today and within 15 minutes I was approved. I called and found out I have a $24,000 credit limit and 8.49% APR. Extremely happy beyond my dreams. Highest limit to date for me. Ex score 767.

Congrats gi. That's a good interest rate, which is what you are looking for. You should call them and ask for a balance transfer (if you haven't done that already) and see if you can get an even lower rate.

Which card did you apply for?

Edited by mec

I wanted to thank everyone for their help. I applied online today and within 15 minutes I was approved. I called and found out I have a $24,000 credit limit and 8.49% APR. Extremely happy beyond my dreams. Highest limit to date for me. Ex score 767.

Congrats! Also, if you want to change to a different NFCU card in the future, you can do it with a simple phone call.

The last post in this topic was posted 1266 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.