Capital One Mortgage

Ryanxdm

The last post in this topic was posted 1809 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

The time to ask this question is after you have already determined that they are among the 1-3 places that can give you the very lowest costs you can find.

Whether others think they have nice loan officers and/or a Web site that makes it easy to upload pay stubs doesn't matter until you're trying to break a tie.

I understand that, I am not going to take a "hit" on my credit score if people do not have good experiences from them though. That's what I am looking for.

EDITED TO REMOVE LINK TO OUTSIDE MORTGAGE SITE - THIS IS AGAINST THE POLICY OF THE BOARD PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN

I just spent 30 seconds looking at mortgage rates on Zillow for a sample scenario, and I was able to find 39 places with a better 30-year-fixed interest rate.

Explain to me this, I am new to this so bear with me... How do I "shop around" to compare rates whenever most places want to pull my credit?

It costs the mortgage company money to pull your credit reports, so often they also do not want to take this step unless there is a reasonable chance that you are ready to move forward.

You can get a pretty good idea of what a mortgage will cost from a given company without applying.

Do some research online to find places that have rates and terms that look good, and then make some phone calls to discuss your situation (target home price, amount of down payment, which type of loan you're most likely interested in, general condition of your credit). Take detailed notes and ask them to give you an estimate on the rate and every single fee.

In a short (10-minute) phone call you should have a pretty reliable idea of where you would stand with that company.

Then call the next place and start comparing the answers you get.

Politely end the conversation if it ever feels that someone is trying to sell you something. They should be a source of information to help you make an informed decision at this point.

Edited by cv91915

The last post in this topic was posted 1809 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.