Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

OH! Portfolio Recovery Associates!

The last post in this topic was posted 1358 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I am in need of some guidance dealing with Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRA):

PRA sent me the initial dunning letter regarding a CC account for around $700 with a date on the letter as 11/07/2016, and i sent my letter disputing and asking for validation Cert mail with green card...the green card shows signed on 12/06/2016. I never received any type of response from PRA, no validation or proof, and low and behold it was inserted on my credit report recently and shows the account was opened on 10/21/2016 (per Credit Karma....i will be ordering my real CR today). The account open date on the CK credit report is two days after the CC company sent a letter stating PRA had bought the account outright. Of course i am in SOL, and i know disputing it could poke the bear, but i'm wondering what steps can be taken? Also, i will have to double check the amount their asking for as i don't recall that amount being correct. My question also is even though the initial PRA letter states they have to receive the dispute within 30 day of my receiving the letter....would it be correct to go by the date on the actual letter as your thirty day clock or by the envelope? I know it may sound silly, but on my report PRA placed that it was disputed, but met FCRA requirements...any advice would be appreciated.

It's 30 days from when you received the letter. Either way you're ok. Even if you count from the date on the letter, they signed the green card on day 29.

Since they have not responded to your timely DV, they must cease all collection activity until they do. If they call you or send any more letters you have them on FDCPA violations.

The last post in this topic was posted 1358 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.