Sign in to follow this  
wj2005

Ford business financing

OK so we all know that Ford is one of the easy ones for getting financed non pg but we also know that not all dealerships can get it done.

What if we started a thread listing the dealer's that some of us have been successful at to help us out when trying to accomplish this?

I know some cases people don't mind doing a PG which actually isn't a horrible thing since it doesn't show up on personal cr as well... Well at least mine didn't back in 2006 on a Ford lease. It was only on my business credit.

Like in my case I'm in Ohio and would really like to know if there are any dealer's around here that have been easy to work with. We are starting a business soon and going to build the business credit hoping to get a new Ford truck down the line even if it involves doing a PG since the credit profile would probably not be thick enough for business only.

Just to let you know most auto loans come out on the personal side.

Chrysler , Jeep and BOA report to personal

BMW does not for 1 of my cars but that can be a Fluke....

Edited by DiegoC

It would be great if all didn't lol

But I don't really care about the others since this is to focus on Ford only lol

Ford has many work vehicles so there geared to businesses, they have great business products and to what Ive seen i think you can get financing with them with out PG, so that usually means if you did have to PG they wouldnt report, but if someone here has got a Ford loan or Lease thru a business should chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DiegoC

This was asked recently.

You will want to work with FMCC ahead of time. The people at the dealership may or may not know quite what you're going for.

No completely different.

Op on that one was just stating he/she got a non pg with Lincoln/Ford.

I am stating we should have a list of dealer's that member have had actual success with since alot of them will ask for PG and or just say it won't be approved without PG which we all know at times it is not true

I am stating we should have a list of dealer's that member have had actual success with since alot of them will ask for PG and or just say it won't be approved without PG which we all know at times it is not true

I am sorry for not being clearer before. The answer is that you will want to work with FMCC before going in so that you can avoid the dealers entirely.

How do you work with FMCC before a dealer??

This is, according to my memory, the experience of one small business in California that has purchased two, possibly now three, vehicles through Ford in the last two years:

You can fill out the first page of a business credit application (I should not that this form does not look like what I remember seeing) and give it to an FMCC fleet manager. They will tell you generally what you qualify for, though I'm not sure the information they give is relevant, and then pass your paperwork on to the dealerships you said you wanted to work with. This, as far as I'm aware, ensures that the correct application gets to the correct person at the dealership, which avoids the possibility of someone filling out the wrong application, skips you having to talk to someone at the dealership who doesn't want you to stand up and talk to someone else until signing a PG, and makes it known that you are working with multiple dealerships.

Without the above, going in to meet with a dealer has resulted in representatives pulling out the incorrect applications, demanding a PG, suggesting that the company only does PGs, suggesting that there is no such thing as a loan without a PG, etc. While I'm sure there are other ways to do this, possibly much better ones, I have unfortunately not seen them.

I have always had the understanding that you should go to a dealer that has a good commercial/fleet department and or a finance person that understands how Ford commercial finance works with and without PG.

Back in 2006 there wasn't any talk about going directly to fmcc and then going to a dealer.

Now regardless which way you do it there will still be dealer's that know how to handle commercial customers better then others which is again the reason for my post... So we would have a let's call it a database of FMC dealer's across the country that understood and were easy to work with.

I mean I live in Ohio but bought a vehicle in FL and MI before so for me to travel and make a purchase isn't a big deal at all... Especially if I am going to succeed in what I'm trying to obtain.

I have read several post regarding purchasing company vehicles without a PG, I am currently working with a representative from FMCC, I went to a dealership referred by Ford rep. When I started process at dealership they had no clue how to finance a vehicle in business name without PG.I am going to another this weekend, the finance director said a PG required if company has no previous relationship with FMCC of purchasing commercial vehicles. I would appreciate any solution in Houston Texas.

Would have nothing to do with having a previous relationship with fmcc but if the business credit profile is strong enough to do a non pg loan is the question.

After applying under my business name, I was told Fmcc would only loan up to 16k and would only extend the loan for 48 months without a pg; due to my thin credit file. Because I was in desperate need of a new truck I signed!

Edited by macqmoud

^ What is your credit file like, and how old is your company? And what report did they pulls

My company is 4 yrs old thus the credit file consist of mostly net 30 accounts with one business credit card from capital one. D& B and experian.

On 6/27/2018 at 8:21 PM, macqmoud said:

My company is 4 yrs old thus the credit file consist of mostly net 30 accounts with one business credit card from capital one. D& B and experian.

Just curious....was that capital one you mentioned pg'd? 

On 2/4/2017 at 7:02 PM, illusemycreditcard said:

This is, according to my memory, the experience of one small business in California that has purchased two, possibly now three, vehicles through Ford in the last two years:

You can fill out the first page of a business credit application (I should not that this form does not look like what I remember seeing) and give it to an FMCC fleet manager. They will tell you generally what you qualify for, though I'm not sure the information they give is relevant, and then pass your paperwork on to the dealerships you said you wanted to work with. This, as far as I'm aware, ensures that the correct application gets to the correct person at the dealership, which avoids the possibility of someone filling out the wrong application, skips you having to talk to someone at the dealership who doesn't want you to stand up and talk to someone else until signing a PG, and makes it known that you are working with multiple dealerships.

Without the above, going in to meet with a dealer has resulted in representatives pulling out the incorrect applications, demanding a PG, suggesting that the company only does PGs, suggesting that there is no such thing as a loan without a PG, etc. While I'm sure there are other ways to do this, possibly much better ones, I have unfortunately not seen them.

I did this in dallas texas. I talked to the fleet manager and she seemed new as she deferred everything to the finance manager who said I need to be in business two years to get a lease without a PG. Which is false as ive read some got a lease with 6 months of starting a business. 

So my issue is still finding compentent managers finance and fleet. So this thread can be helpful if people are willing to share which locations across the country actually work with you and are competent to push deals through.