Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

you may need to beef up your robocall defenses

What are good robo caller defenses? I get 10 of these a day from spammers and scammers. Truecaller helps but doesn't help all the time. I have a website for my business and tried some seo bs now I get nothing but bs.

Lets hope so these bastards call all day long and arn't even there half the time. They shouldn't be allowed to interrupt my business, it keeps me from answering legitimate calls from my customers. I'd like to take calls as they come but when robo calls are over half your calls its easier to let everyone go to vm, instead of stopping what I'm doing to hear silence then a is this owner of the business. Yes this is the owner of the business would you please go ahead and kill your self, your obviously a loser if you have to bother people for a living to make chump change. If you can't tell it really angers me if I could find these people I'd be in prison by now for beating as many as I could to death with a phone before the cops found me.

Maybe the Trump Administration can do something about them

pussygrabber is the reason robocalls will be increasing... deregulation is good.

Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai is calling on carriers to block robocalls by default without waiting for consumers to opt in to call-blocking services.

To encourage carriers, Pai is proposing rule changes making it clear that carriers are allowed to block calls by default. Call blocking by default isn't explicitly outlawed by the FCC, but Pai's announcement today said that "many voice providers have held off developing and deploying call-blocking tools by default because of uncertainty about whether these tools are legal under the FCC's rules."

In a call with reporters this morning, Pai said the uncertainty stems from a 2015 FCC order in which "the FCC suggested that its rules and regulations would not prohibit call-blocking services to the extent that consumers opted into them. Many members of the industry perceived that interpretation to make illegal, potentially, the blocking of calls by default."