Sign in to follow this  
donuteric

From 400s to 800s. From $0 to over $300k.

Congratulations and enjoy that new house and all the travel you have been smart enough to earn and avail yourself of!

So many of us learn how long of a road this is, so much time that needs to pass, but wasted without the second half in rebuilding.

I had my head in the sand, trying to just earn money and not even looking at my perfect credit that turned horrible with bad decisions made mostly on thinking that real estate was always a safe investment.

I do appreciate where I am now, but it is still tough. Stories like yours are so needed, the end result, the prize, the end of suffering from failures.

Thank you for taking the time to write, you all are so inspirational.

Without the track record of continued and documented successes from so many that post here, we would not have the hope we have, nor the clearly directed path to take.

I believe that in all of this board there is a formula, and followed, there is no chance for anything but success.

I also believe that this knowledge shared so generously by so many is life-changing for many people and their families, the owners and mods and all of you regular contributors to this board should be given so much appreciation. Without you, there would not be this wealth of information and all these success stories, I would not be where I am, recovering well, with so very many thanks to all of you.

Edited by DolphinTales

Congratulations! I'm working on improving my credit myself. Unfortunately, I never had large credit lines in the past, so it's a bit more difficult to build it up... But I have got most of the baddies off, waiting to get my new EQ and EX scores next week... And all of them next month, when my current round of disputes should be complete...

Congratulations! I'm new to this site so please bear with me. I'm right in the middle of a chapter 13 and will be done with it next Feb 2018. We filed Nov 2014 and before filing I had a credit score upper 700's. I've been trying to get my score back up and it's in the low 700's currently. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the score to go up further? We applied for a crappy credit card initially with a 300 credit limit and it's just recently been bumped up to 450. I'd like to apply for a credit card that'll give me a higher credit limit as to take advantage of the debt to credit ratio. I have a good job, make good money so I"m not interested in a bump in the credit line so I can charge more onto the card...I would continue using the card(ie paying for gas that I could easily pay with cash) then turn around and pay it off in full. I've never carried a balance on the new card I have, but what would someone suggest what card or company that I could contact that would work with me in getting a better credit card that will help get my fico score to be back in the upper 700's and hopefully 800's. I just applied for a Capital One card and they declined because I"m sure of my existing Chapter 13. I had read that were other people with lower scores than mine that had been through bankruptcies that they were accepted so I was hoping I would have the same luck. If there's any advice someone could give me on how to repair this going forward, so that next year when were done with our Chap. 13 we can have a decent score to hopefully buy a home again.

Thx in advance, I really appreciate any help!

Barry from Atlanta

Hi, so even though you had charge-off accounts with AMEX, they still approved you for a card?

And please tell me what you did and how you did it, in order to achieve such a high score in a matter of time.

I've been waiting for this moment for a while now, and finally, the time is here.

I joined the CB family in 2011 when my credit was in rock bottom. The concept of FICO was vague and my skores were lingering in the 400s. I had countless of x-day late, numerous COs from AMEX and BOA totaled into the tens of thousands, and a couple of medical related baddies. I was in such denial that I thought to myself, as long as I had decent income, I'd have no trouble dealing with lenders. Screwed the freakin' numbers. Oh boy was I wrong.

Like many others, I started rebuilding with secured cards and I still remember the days when I'd genuinely smile when a lender extended me a measly $500 CL. Today, I have over $150k from various prime banks and over $300k combined.

The work has really paid off, because now, I get to pick which lenders I want to do business with, not whom I have to.

Over this period of time, I earned almost 10 millions frequent flyer miles and hotel points, tens of thousands in cash back, and have flown to 4 continents in First class. DW and I spent a wonderful 7-day vacation in Maldives solely on miles and points.

I qualified for the lowest financing terms in every auto dealership I walk in.

I saved over $10k for refinancing my private student loan.

DW and I will be purchasing a home this year, and I'll likely receive the best possible mortgage rate as well.

None of this would've been possible without the help of the fellow members here. So I thank you all!

Can you please share how you achieved all this? How did you manage to go from rock bottom to such high scores?

Hey I'm new on CB I join an couple weeks ago. I want to straight out my credit and debit I really need some guidance and learn how to make my credit better.

Very inspiring. Just now beginning my journey and hoping to have half the success you had.

I just joined CBs today. Your story has given me hope that with the proper tools, planning and execution - I will be able to create my own success story to share a few years down the road. :D

Congratulations!

First of all thank you to all that have told their stories of success. I sit back and watched and learned a lot on the message board.

I went through a divorce in Dec. 2014. So my starting credit score was 450-480 in 2015. First I read this board and watched you tube. I then started to pay off small items. I didn't know about pay for delete until I had settled 2 small accounts. I learned about pfd and settled a repo of a car for $500.00. It took me 6 months to see a 560 score. It was so bad that a 560 felt good to see. Well I kept at it and finally got a $800.00 secured cc with compass. Then I got a smaller scc with unity visa for $300.00.

I continued to pay off old debt. In may of 2017, I finally paid off all the old accounts. Some were pay for delete, some were settled but had the to put paid as agreed. I got a 5k jewelry card that reports to all credit agencies and that helped a lot. I received a 1,000 unsecured cc from capital one. I have a new home being built and it will be ready in November.

My credit scores are 630 average. I cannot thank the men and women enough for all the knowledge they have brought to me and everyone else on this fourm, I hope this continues to help others and others I will use it to build more credit.

Again thanks

Very inspiring. congrats on the new house!

Welcome to CB!!! :wave:

And to ALL the other Newbies in this thread!

Edited by Kat58

Hi. I am new to the forum. I am trying to build new business credit to obtain a great paydex score, as well as improve my personal credit. Can anyone guide me in the right direction, with a step by step process on how to start business credit and improve my personal credit? Thanks in advance. :wave:

Hi. I am new to the forum. I am trying to build new business credit to obtain a great paydex score, as well as improve my personal credit. Can anyone guide me in the right direction, with a step by step process on how to start business credit and improve my personal credit? Thanks in advance. :wave:

Welcome to CB!

You should start a new thread in the Business forum. Folks will be able to help you there.

congrats on the hard work and great outcomes.

Started my rebuild in October 2016 after 15 years of being told cancer would kill me in six months.. finally stopped listening to the doctors and just plan on living. From Oct 2016 to today Aug 18 2017, I have gone from no open credit lines to 51K including the 6K Discover It card I got today. I don't expect to get to $300K but if I hit $100K in under 2 years total I will be more than happy.

Congrats again