Sign in to follow this  
FullofHope

Transworld Collection Discharged in BK7

Why didn't I find this place and you awesome people YEARS ago? :(

I am terrified of screwing this up any further so I'm hoping WHYchat or anyone who is familiar with the HIPAA process can help me.

Right after graduating from a highly selective university I wasn't able to find a job. I did have health insurance but I didn't have the money to cover my hefty co-insurance. I wasn't offered charity care or counseled upon discharge. Suffering from major depression I ignored every collection call and letter. I ended up filing for bankruptcy recently and it was discharged in November 2016.

Now the real work begins of rebuilding and cleaning up my credit report as I am looking to buy a home in 2 years. I've opted out for 5 years and I have deleted the older addresses. Here's how the debt reports from EQ:

Agency Client TRANSWORLD SYSTEMS INC
Balance Date Jul 10, 2016
Date Assigned Dec 27, 2011
Account Designator Code INDIVIDUAL_ACCOUNT
Original Amount Owed
Account Number xxxxxxxx
Amount Creditor Classification Medical or Health Care
Status Date Jul 10, 2016
Last Payment Date
Status IN_BANKRUPTCY
Date of First Delinquency Aug 20, 2011
Comments Medical Bankruptcy chapter 7
Thank you in advance for your guidance and support in getting this removed.

Thanks @Breeze! I took the long way to get here...ended up on another site and was told this is where I should be.

That's great! Have you read up on the HIPAA process on Why Chat's site? There is a link up at the top address bar. I think it can be modified to fit your situation. There's no reason for anyone to be reporting medical accounts now that the debt has been discharged in bk.

I have gone to Whychat's site before and I'm sure that I need to first send a handwritten initial dispute letter to all the CRA's. However, everything I've read says to send official correspondence with CRA's certified with return receipt requested but Whychat says differently.

Follow the guides:

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

Your first step ( and likely your last needed step given the age of your accounts) after opting out and deleting old addresses ( as much as possible) is to send the CRAs the initial dispute letter:

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

Thank you Whychat! I just bought some purple copy paper and stationary paper, do you still recommend printing the initial disputeon either of them? Thanks again!

The sample letter prints in blue with a watermark IF you have a color printer.

https://whychat.me/Credit%20Report%20Dispute%20Form.pdf

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

Thank you!!

Another question (sorry)

Is it okay to send another dispute in the same priority envelope but not on the same letter? For example, experian has two old addresses (not tied to medical collections) on my report, can I enclose a letter asking for that to be removed as well? I just don't want to mess this up.

You do not seem to understand the step by step directions. They must be followed STEP BY STEP.

FIRST you opt out NEXT you delete old addresses. You can do the opt out on the internet or by phone, WAIT a few days until it has taken effect. NEXT you delete old addresses. WAIT until the address deletions have had time to TAKE EFFECT. THEN you send the dispute letters.

You will be accomplishing NOTHING if you try to mush everything in together.

You do not seem to understand the step by step directions. They must be followed STEP BY STEP.

FIRST you opt out NEXT you delete old addresses. You can do the opt out on the internet or by phone, WAIT a few days until it has taken effect. NEXT you delete old addresses. WAIT until the address deletions have had time to TAKE EFFECT. THEN you send the dispute letters.

You will be accomplishing NOTHING if you try to mush everything in together.

Actually I do understand the importance pf following the process as detailed. I think you misunderstood my question. Experian and Transunion deleted most but not all of the older addresses and phone numbers. The addresses that remain are not tied to this medical collection but they are tied to judgements that I will be disputing later.

My question remains, can I send multiple disputes in one mailing?

Thanks again.

Whychat I need your wisdom please....

I followed your instruction to a Tee however I think Transunion made a mistake.

Instead of investigating the two collections, they deleted one collection (thank goodness) and they ignored the other collection and updated a student loan instead. Seems like an oversight on their part. Should I call them or repeat the initial dispute process again?

Thank you so very much, I really appreciate all that you do!

NO!! Send the CA who is reporting the collection that was "ignored" the medical DV

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

And as soon as you have proof of receipt send TU the follow up dispute

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

As to deleting the 1 collection and updating your student loan-- consider it progress towards a better report.

What is occurring with your other reports?

Thanks so much! I'll get that DV out tomorrow morning.

As for the other reports, no change or response from EQ as of yet. And Experian deleted all collections (yippee happy dance!). In just one short month my scores jumped about 50 points...I'm still in shock and eternally grateful. You guys ROCK!

Hey WhyChat,

Just tracked the DV that I sent on Saturday to the CA (Transworld Systems) and apparently it is coming back to me as undeliverable. I used the exact address for the CA that was on my TU credit report. Not sure how to proceed here but I know to stay off the phones lol.

I think I read somewhere on here that if something gets returned to make copies of the envelope and send to the CRA since it is there responsibility to keep accurate creditor contact info on file.

Send the follow up dispute to whichever CRA the account is still on, change the wording to read:

I have disputed this unknown medical account with the reporting Collection Agent,( copy enclosed with copy of envelope marked returned undeliverable),as per your instructions in your response of xx/xx/xxxx to my dispute of xx/xx/xxxx and could have had no valid response as the address you furnished was not valid.

Send the follow up dispute to whichever CRA the account is still on, change the wording to read:

I have disputed this unknown medical account with the reporting Collection Agent,( copy enclosed with copy of envelope marked returned undeliverable),as per your instructions in your response of xx/xx/xxxx to my dispute of xx/xx/xxxx and could have had no valid response as the address you furnished was not valid.

Thanks a ton, WhyChat! I'll send this out today.

Hey Whychat,

So Equifax is refusing to delete saying it is verified. I sent them the followup along with a copy of the undeliverable mail that came back to me from Transworld. The date of first delinquncy is August 21, 2011...I have no idea why they just won't relent. I would wait for it to just fall off but I desperately need a new car since my old one just died.

Thanks again for all of your help!