Sign in to follow this  
DolphinTales

Need Used Car Loan with NFCU with 3 new accts

I have recently been doing the "second" part of Credit Repair by successfully adding a $30k initial limit Venture and a $25k NFCU Flagship and a Navy $15k CLOC within the past three months. No balances except $2 on one acct, other good accounts but my recent app spree has me now worried because I have all of a sudden a need for a car loan of about $21k.

I've been busy with Navy and got shot down with a stupid too early attempt at my Flagship CLI after 3 months with not much use. Took a hard pull for it and the denial. Reconned, didn't work. Letter stated lates, which are from a mortgage that lates will drop off this year and I had decided to just let that happen to preserve the account for a few years afterwards as positive.

So now I am wondering if I CAN get an auto loan with Navy. I'm EX736/EQ715/TU730 FICO 08's and I think they just pull TU for auto loans. They may be able to use my TU CLI request from 1/8/17 without a new hard pull? 5/3/6 inquiries now

Hoping someone with experience with NFCU can advise. I have a past paid auto loan reporting still with all positive history so my auto enhanced score may be higher?

Thank you in advance for any of your thoughts.

We have a lot of NFCU members here with experience. I'm sure they will chime in and offer some advice.

If you have a PIF auto loan reporting and have the income to support the monthly payment, then there is definitely a lender that will approve you. (from an auto insider's standpoint.)

Hi, my update for any this may help:

I applied online and got the one hour message instead of instant approval and then no notifications of HP.

I was hoping they would use a recent HP for a bad decision I made 1/8/17 asking for a CLI after three months on my Flagship with them without much use.

The next morning I called and they said that they tried to pull Equifax (They pulled TU for recent auto loan for hubby in Sept 2016) that was frozen and so I unfroze it.

Got approval instantly really (I called) and today I drove to pick up the check at the branch and then I went to the dealer and now the car is in the driveway.

NFCU really has been the best in all my experiences ever with banks and credit unions.

No income verification and EQ FICO at my lowest at 715.

Marv and Bigpoppa thank you for the encouragement, I needed it and it really helped me fulfill a need instead of a want in the right timing for me.

This community of experts is really amazing and I cannot thank all of you enough!

Thank you Marv! A funny footnote: I took the NFCU check for $21k to the dealership and still owed them $350 so I gave them my big bad new Venture with the $30k limit and I thought I was paying for the $350 but this morning I logged in to see that they charged the whole amount of $21350 on it!

I joked about being able to buy a car with this big of a limit and I did, but I guess I paid $42,350 for this Altima until I get the account credited :).

Guess I should have put my glasses on while doing that transaction!

I think what I read is that NFCU doesn't use the auto enhanced scores, but the FICO model for mortgages FICO 04?

I am sure that there are others here that know that answer.

Best of luck to you. It was such an easy process.