Cap One Account Combo, Pro's VS Con's.

Whotheguy

The last post in this topic was posted 2007 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Here's my deal, I have 3 Cap One cards and I'm considerIng combining them to 1 card, but unsure of any AA or screwing up my age of accounts by doing such.

First card is a QS opened 3/1/14, current CL is $7300, zero balance.

Second is another QS opened 3/1/14, current CL is $5800, zero balance.

Third is a Venure One opened 6/10/16, current CL is $3250, $600 balance--did zero interest BT until July.

I'm thinking of combining all to the V1, but that means my 2 oldest cards get closed. I realize the accounts will still be there for 10 years, just worried of what affect it would have on my AAOA accounts, if any. Or AAOOA, should that also matter in the big picture.

If I combine all 3 to the V1 I don't think app'n immediately for a QS would be a good idea as I just picked up Barclay's, Disco and Bofa 123 in the last month. However if I combine all to one of the QS cards I will miss my V1 card.

I would like to hear what others would do in this scenario. And I certainly don't need to do this right now, I have time in the garden I'm currently doing, I'm just trying to build a higher limit card---higher limits beget higher limits as they say....I'm looking at you Mendelssohn.

I would combine the 2 QS's and leave the V1 intact (for now).

End result - 1 QS and 1 VentureOne.

I'm kinda thinking this way too. It would give me a $13.1k CL, which would be my second highest. If I combine the 2 QS, does the 181 CLI clock reset? FYI, im currently not due for one until around April/May.

I don't know what Capital One's PC rules are, but I'd first take a stab at keeping the oldest card(s) open, consolidate the limits and PC the remaining card(s) to the desired product(s). Of course, step one is to find out if the PC(s) is/are possible at then end of all that...

I would combine the 2 QS's and leave the V1 intact (for now).

End result - 1 QS and 1 VentureOne.

I'm kinda thinking this way too. It would give me a $13.1k CL, which would be my second highest. If I combine the 2 QS, does the 181 CLI clock reset? FYI, im currently not due for one until around April/May.

Any time you combine cap one cards it's considered a CLI and would reset the clock

Funny how this works, I'm a member who has been "lurking" around for 5 years and have rebuilt my credit. I have 2 cap1 cards that I was wondering the same thing as the OP posted. I came out and actually logged in for the 1st time in over a year to post my question but decided to search just to see and saw this very recent post. Funny how that works.. :)

Please let us know the outcome...

Why not app for a Venture. You can always change to Quicksilver before AF hits or combine. At least then you get that sign up bonus.

That probably wouldn't be a good move for me. The reason why would be in the last 2 months I've gotten a Barclay card, BofA 123, and a Disco.

But then again, today I got a new offer for another Barclay card that I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on....lol

I'm gonna try to sit in the garden as long as I can though.

Funny how this works, I'm a member who has been "lurking" around for 5 years and have rebuilt my credit. I have 2 cap1 cards that I was wondering the same thing as the OP posted. I came out and actually logged in for the 1st time in over a year to post my question but decided to search just to see and saw this very recent post. Funny how that works.. :)

Please let us know the outcome...

I'm glad to read you busted your first cherry post. Since you've been lurking for around 5 years, you surely know the members here are rock solid.

And welcome to CB.

Edit...not your first post, my bad.

Edited by Whotheguy

• 1 month later...

I'm revisiting this vs starting a new thread.

Next month I'm going to hit up Cap One on my V1 for a CLI. Regardless the outcome I'm going to combine it with my highest CL QS card, I have 2. Unless I can only do a CLI or combo in a 6 month period, not both. I'm not clear on this.

Here's the question, how bad will it hurt my AAOA? My oldest TL is Bofa, 4 years to the month. Next is both QS cards, at 3 years next month. The V1 will be 10 months. My current AAOA is 1 year. Assume I combo the V1 to one QS and then I wouldn't have the card anymore as open.

I have a Venture One and to be honest, it's not what I had hoped it would be. I'd rather have the older QS with the bigger limit and combine the rest into it.

V1 is only good for the signup bonus and the 0% for the first year. After that, PC it to a QS or roll it into a QS. 1.5% > 1.25%

I have a Venture One and to be honest, it's not what I had hoped it would be. I'd rather have the older QS with the bigger limit and combine the rest into it.

V1 is only good for the signup bonus and the 0% for the first year. After that, PC it to a QS or roll it into a QS. 1.5% > 1.25%

I have 2 Cap One CC's. A QS MC (my oldest CC) and a V1(2 yrs. old next month). The V1 is the only CC I have that offers 18 month BT's at 0% APR and a 2% fee. For this reason, I will never combine the two.

The last post in this topic was posted 2007 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.