What's the next move?!?!...advise needed...who if anyone is at fault????

DeterminedinNC

The last post in this topic was posted 2027 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

hello

I have mentioned this a couple of times before but I a CO account reporting that is from the difference from a vehicle I totaled and what the insurance paid. I had GAP insurance with the OC, but they basically had me jump through hoops to have it applied to the remaining balance and eventually stiffed me and said that I owed them. The balance is $2288. The DOFD is 3/13. Recently the OC has been changing the information that they are reporting. They showed me going from a CO to Paid As Agreed, then 30, 60, 90 day late and CO again. They were doing this on EX and TU. I lost 27 points on my EX FICO when they updated on the 1st of December.

I filed a complaint with the CFPB and the BBB in early December and they corrected how they were reporting. It was corrected on both TU and EX. There wasn't a drop in my TU score and my EX score went back up 27 points. In their response they only mention EX. See below:

ACA has initiated an investigation of the complaint, and we have determined that there was an issue with Ms. ______ Experian report, which was due to an error on the part of Experian, rather than ACA. ACA has confirmed that it is reporting accurately to the Credit Reporting Agencies and that Experian has corrected its error as to ACA's trade line. Attached are copes of ACA's response to a credit dispute received via E-Oscar from Equifax on 10/21/2016 and two AUD Updates, dated 11/02/2016 and 12/7/2016.
With regard to the other matters raised in the complaint, ACA is still in the process of finalizing our written explanation. Accordingly, we are unable to complete our written explanation within the 15-day period from the filing of the complaint. We will submit a final explanation within the additional response period of 60 days after the filing of the complaint.
Well they updated the account again this month and put the inaccurate information back in on my Experian report. I lost 22 points on my EX FICO this time!! :angry:
I just called CFPB and they said I could file a second complaint against Experian for reporting it incorrectly. What would be the grounds for that? Anyone file a CFPB complaint against EX before? If Experian deleted it would it show right back up next month if it's set to automatically update? The first complaint against the OC is still "In Progress" because I stated in the complaint that they are increasing the balance (interest) but I am not receiving statements.
Any suggestions on how to proceed? They are basically making this CO look new by adding Pays As Agreed for several months then going back to CO.
Edited by DeterminedinNC

• 2 weeks later...

So I called Experian and had the rep look at my report, and compare it to December 2nd when the OC inserted the bad info and December 9th when they removed it after my CFPB complaint. Then I had him look at December 31st when they reinserted the bad information again. I also read to him the response to the CFPB complaint from the OC where they blamed Experian...He seemed to kinda be in disbelief and he kept putting me on hold but he would check and thank me for my patience..he said he an analyst looking at it also. He came back and said they had changed the DOFD and added 3 years to how long the TL should be on my reports..I told him I knew that..he said "they can't do that" I wanted to yell I KNOW, but I was very polite and let him process it all...he finally said that he was submitting a dispute to them and he was updating the notes on the TL to reflect what he had found when researching the trade line. I was hoping he would just say screw it and delete but I knew that was a long shot..hopefully the OC will correct it and leave it alone..I'm waiting to hear back from the attorney also to see if she thinks I have a case to sue since they seems to be deliberately doing this. I'll keep this post updated just in case in the future someone else has a similar issue.

The last post in this topic was posted 2027 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.