Sign in to follow this  
wingwalker

Irregular PenFedTCS Reporting to CRAs?

Hello, all!

I didn't see this topic addressed in previous threads, but wondered whether anyone else noticed irregular (timewise) reporting by PenFed's TCS overdraft account? That's the only one I have with them right now.

The statement closes on the last day of the month, and all three CRAs are still showing the 11/30/16 balance. Experian is actually reporting the 10/31 balance as of 11/30. I would like my paid-down balance to start reporting and wondered whether this is a function of a fairly new (since mid-October) account, or if this is just their way.

Thanks!

For minor science: A PenFed rep told me that they report the TCS balance as of the first Sunday of each month. My records show that they report the balance as of the last business day of the month. One rep said it was the balance on the first Sunday... I'll find out in the next few days.

For minor science: A PenFed rep told me that they report the TCS balance as of the first Sunday of each month. My records show that they report the balance as of the last business day of the month. One rep said it was the balance on the first Sunday... I'll find out in the next few days.

Oh, just that the balances and reporting dates seemed to be random - once delayed by about a month. I got spoiled by my other accounts reporting the day or two after the statement cut. :)

A bit of history. PenFed would report the balance of both an auto loan and TCS balance as they sit on the last day of the month. Back in September, there was an internal memo that went out in stating that reporting would change to every 1st Saturday of the month. However, since this change their reporting has been all but consistent and sometimes failing to report. From what I've seen, they're back on track and my accounts have reported updates for Jan and I expect the same for Feb. expect your reports to update on the 19th - 21st this month.

Edited by Ybme

A bit of history. PenFed would report the balance of both an auto loan and TCS balance as they sit on the last day of the month. Back in September, there was an internal memo that went out in stating that reporting would change to every 1st Saturday of the month. However, since this change their reporting has been all but consistent and sometimes failing to report. From what I've seen, they're back on track and my accounts have reported updates for Jan and I expect the same for Feb. expect your reports to update on the 19th - 21st this month.

Thanks for the back story ... that's exactly what happened to me. TCS missed reporting for a whole month (after I paid it to $10 or something, of course).