Yoni's Credit From 605 to 751 (Oct - Dec)

yonifreedom

Based on MF alerts my score dropped but they didn't give a reason. There was another alert which indicated my mortgage balanced changed (it decreased $140).

EQ 760==>753

TU 742==>739

EX 673==>673

Not sure what caused the decrease. Defintely waiting to see score results once all new accounts report. Currently everything is $0 with 1 account at $2. Hopefully it will stay that way as I am trying to meet minumin spends on 5 different cards and pif. Getting the hang of keeping up with it all in a spreadsheet and phone reminders!

• 3 weeks later...

On another credit related note, my first revolving account (Lowe's) just posted to all 3 bureaus!

EQ- 747 (back up 10)

TU- 732 (no change still)

EX- 641 (up 24) FINALLY SOME UPWARD MOVEMENT!

Soooooo excited! :yahoo:

Awesome!

Just don't forget the "luv button" on your Lowes card. Try that after every statement (or perhaps after every 3rd statement). Some (including myself) have had better luck using the online chat feature for CLIs, though. They are soft INQ CLIs.

Just wanted to say thanks again Roland99!

I pulled the trigger on Lowe's today. Went thru chat feature and was waivering on what to ask for!

$10k, $15k, $25k? Took a deep breath and typed "$25,000 or highest limit possible"!

Ha! They gave me the $25K!

Thanks again!

Applied for C$R in branch 2 weeks ago and was denied. Ironically it was not for 5/24 because I didn't have 5 cards reporting at that time yet. At least that us what the senior credit analyst told me.

It was because they pulled EX which is 673 Fico 8, with 6 year old late mtg.

When I originally apped/approved with Chase for the CSP, CSW Per, CSW Biz I had my EX froze so they pulled EQ whuch is squeaky clean.

Oh well. For newbies reading this (Ha..I'm still a newb myself!) make sure you research the cards you want. Know why you want them...how they can benefit you and understand the rewards.

As I am beginning to M$, R$, get CB etc...I now wish I would've gotten the C$R. I was scared of the $495 AF, but now realize that it would have paid for itself but didn't understand that at first because I was only looking at it for travel rewards. I won't be able to do much traveling til next year.

You live and learn. I am still gonna try in March before 100K in branch SUB ends.

Based on MF alerts my score dropped but they didn't give a reason. There was another alert which indicated my mortgage balanced changed (it decreased $140).

EQ 760==>753

TU 742==>739

EX 673==>673

Not sure what caused the decrease. Defintely waiting to see score results once all new accounts report. Currently everything is $0 with 1 account at $2. Hopefully it will stay that way as I am trying to meet minumin spends on 5 different cards and pif. Getting the hang of keeping up with it all in a spreadsheet and phone reminders!

So I didn't quite make the statement cut date with Penfed! Didn't realize they only let you pay $500 max from external account per day! Such a stupid rule. So I ended up having a $200 balance on a $5k card. Everybody else was zeroed out with one acct at $2.

Growing pains and lessons learned.

I have started MSing and liking it, though I am taking it slow because it can be a bit much to keep up with.

As of today, my stats are:

TU 762

EQ 741

EX 673

NFCU CLOC $15,000

NFCU RCash Visa $24,000

Chase Sapphire $41,500

Chase SW Pers $8,100

Chase SW Biz $11,000

PenFed Amex $5,000

Alliant Visa $5,000

Lowe's $25,000

Total $134,600

I am going to garden for a *lil* while, reasearch my next cards very well, make post about those cards and get advice before my next app spree!

Thanks again CB! Everything I learned on here is definitely helping me expand my business, stretch my cashflow, expand my buying power as well as earn rewards and and cashback at the same time!

On another credit related note, my first revolving account (Lowe's) just posted to all 3 bureaus!

EQ- 747 (back up 10)

TU- 732 (no change still)

EX- 641 (up 24) FINALLY SOME UPWARD MOVEMENT!

Soooooo excited! :yahoo:

Awesome!

Just don't forget the "luv button" on your Lowes card. Try that after every statement (or perhaps after every 3rd statement). Some (including myself) have had better luck using the online chat feature for CLIs, though. They are soft INQ CLIs.

Just wanted to say thanks again Roland99!

I pulled the trigger on Lowe's today. Went thru chat feature and was waivering on what to ask for!

$10k, $15k, $25k? Took a deep breath and typed "$25,000 or highest limit possible"!

Ha! They gave me the $25K!

Thanks again!

Excellent!

• 1 month later...

Update

EQ 762==>732 (-30)

TU 741==>766 (+25)

EX 673==>673 (nc)

Lowe's 10K increase $25k to $35k via luv button, requested $35k.

Will be requesting cli on NFCU, PenFed, Alliant & CSW Biz (Holding a 50-60% utl, making big payment, just to see if I can get a cli) later this month after 3rd statement cuts.

Not sure when to ask for cli on CSW Personal and CSP? Any advice?

Also can I app AMEX charge and revolver with EX at 673? Or should I wait til June when my last late falls off and report is clean?

Edited by yonifreedom

Congrats on the CLI, YF!

For Amex, I'd personally say wait until the 700s are reached there. It should help in the long run, which is what this is all about.

Your overall utility is above 50% or just on the accounts mentioned?

CSP CLI request will be a HP. You'll likely want to wait on the utilization front on that one.