yonifreedom

Yoni's Credit From 605 to 751 (Oct - Dec)

Hopefully my story can help someone just like all the other stories and posts here on CB helped me!

So here is what my original reports looked like when I first started repairing:

EX-617 FICO 08
TU-605 FICO 08
EQ-616 FICO 08

And to be honest I think they were lower than that because I ordered my paper reports which didn’t have FICO scores. I didn’t actually see my scores until after I had used Whychat’s method to remove a medical collection (also when I recognized the difference between FICO and FAKO). This thread helped give me a better understanding

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124183

EX – 617 FICO 08
3 Inquiries

Open Accounts
1 State Collection Medical Collection Account $154
1 State Collection Medical Collection Account $975

1 Well Fargo Mtg – $45K BAL - Paid as Agreed $444/mo - Opened 1998 - Shows a 150 late / Sep 2010
1 Navient Student Loan – $126K BAL Paid as Agreed $0 (Deferred)

Closed Accounts
Amex CCAU - $24, 500 CL Paid as Agreed – Opened 03/2015 – Closed 01/2016
Capital One – AU $700 CL Paid as Agreed – Opened 04/2012 – Closed 04/2015
JCPenney - No limit reported – Opened 1997

EQ – 616 FICO 08
4 Inquiries

Open Accounts
1 LGEFCU $48 Collection

1 Well Fargo Mortgage – $45K BAL - Paid as Agreed $444/mo - Opened 1998

Closed Accounts

Amex CCAU - $24, 500 CL Paid as Agreed – Opened 03/2015 – Closed 01/2016
Capital One – $300 CL Paid as Agreed – Opened 04/2012 – Closed 04/2015

TU – 605 FICO 08
1 Inquiries

Open Accounts
1 LGEFCU $48 Collection
1 County Property Tax Lien $875 Paid

1 Well Fargo Mortgage – $45K BAL - Paid as Agreed $444/mo - Opened 1998

Closed Accounts
Amex CCAU - $24, 500 CL Paid as Agreed – Opened 03/2015 – Closed 01/2016I

OCTOBER 02, 2016
Found CB! Looking for a way to have some collections removed from my EQ reports. Came across good will letters in CB. Wrote GW letter to LGEFCU, which did not work! Also called a Med Collection CA and verified some info (smh)! PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS!

In hindsight I wish I would have waited to read more on the forum! So, anyone reading this that is wanting to start cleaning your reports. My advise is:

1. Order paid paper reports first
2. Circle all negative ad incorrect items in thick red marker.
3. Create a post and put all info in it and ask for help.
4. Search CB for your particular issues (medical collections, charge off, liens, etc.) and read, read, read. Don’t be in rush. Find the info before you start as things will go a lot smoother and faster if you read.

Start here in the Newbie Section https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showforum=15

Of course, after I sent the letter off I started reading more and became addicted. Read every night until the wee hours in the morning.

OCTOBER 13, 2016
Created a profile and joined in!

OCTOBER 15, 2016
Got up the nerves to ask a question! How do I order a paid version of my CR?

OCTOBER 16, 2016
Ordered Paper reports! Thanks Kat58 for giving me that information.
https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=578532&hl=

Wondering if I can still use Whychat’s HIPAA process since I’ve already spoke to CA?
https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=578532&hl=

OCTOBER 27, 2016
Received EX reports and started with PyschDocs process of making copies and circling all incorrect items with red marker.
https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=142032

Called freeze LN and downloaded paperwork from their website to opt out.1-866-868-9534 / https://optout.lexisnexis.com

Opted out with the credit bureaus. https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78374

Called to EX to remove old addresses. 1-888-397-3742

EX CSR kept asking me if I had been a victim of fraud or Identity theft. She told me that they had a special department that could help me remove items if I wanted to place a fraud alert on my account. I didn’t place one at that time because I wasn’t sure if it would hinder my progress.

Got on the boards that night and found some posts that indicated that it could only help and since I had actually had a stolen debit card in 2014 and still had the police report I decided to use it as there were inquiries and tradelines that were not mine.

Before calling back I decided to go on the FTC website as instructed by my police report (which I had previously ignored when I initially received report in 2014) and create an official FTC Identity Theft report. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0014-identity-theft

I then called each bureau and added a fraud alert to my reports.
EQ 1-800-203-7843 / TU 1-800-916-8800 /EX 1-888-397-3742

OCTOBER 28, 2016
Started Whychat’s HIPAA letter, lien and collections dispute letter processes.
https://whychat.me/
https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html
https://whychat.me/hipltr.html

November 18, 2016
Signed up for MF & CK & EX Free monitoring to see FICO score (MF) what was coming off and what was staying (CK & EX Free).

State Collection Medical removed from EX. EXis clean accept mortgage late.

Made a post on CB to get help with the mortgage late and AU account. Got some great advise from cv91915 and ahz! Thanks.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=580804&hl=

November 20, 2016
Finally received other reports! Called to place fraud alerts and was asked to fax in police reports to EQ and mail to TU. I also mailed a copy to EX.

Also sent dispute letters for negative tradelines.

Right here is where I want to say if you have been a victim of fraud or Identity theft, IMO it is best to call and place a fraud alert on your file. Don’t talk a lot and try to explain what happen. Just say you have been a victim and want to place the alert. Don’t say anything else. Then send them a copy of your reports! Both the police report and the FTC report. Send them Priority mail so you can track when they receive them.

After two days, call them back and tell them you sent the reports and verify they have them. Again, no talking until you verify they have them. You will need to know the date EQ received the reports because they have to go pull them by date. Once they verify ask for the fraud department.

Once you are speaking to the fraud department go ahead and indicated all fraudulent information. In my experience there was not much resistance to removing fraudulent info. YMMV! I didn’t realize the above process right away and went through unnecessary paperwork.

November 28, 2016
Applied for Alliant CU. Thinking of trying Secured Shares loan for $10-15K. I want to give myself a better chance of having large credit limits.

December 06, 2016
Received updated paper reports from CRA.

Medical collection removed from all reports, tax lien removed from TU.
LGEFCU CO still on EQ and TU.

EX-617
TU-616
EQ-645

Got some great advice on how to start rebuilding! https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=582011&hl=

Love Mendelssohn NFCU/Chase plan! THIS WAS BY FAR THE BEST ADVICE FOR REBUILDING IN MY SITUATION. https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=572446

IMO, it is easy to get a trigger finger when rebuilding credit especially when you start to see your scores move into the 700's. Please stop and plan your strategy and then share that strategy! This is where I messed up. Get as much input as possible from CB!

Applied for NFCU membership.

December 07, 2016
Membership accepted to Alliant! But now I think I will try wait and try NFCU/Chase plan.
Had to fax ID verification to NFCU. Membership Accepted!

December 09, 2016
Called TU to make sure they received police reports. All negative items removed! Totally clean report! EQ now telling me there is nothing in my file and will not let me verify account information. Spoke to someone claiming to be supervisor but I got the feeling they were not. Put me on hold for 35 minutes.

Extremely excited about clean TU! First clean report!
My FICO is saying TU is now 732! OMG

December 16, 2016
Finally got some time to call EQ back and see what is going on. Yes! Got through to fraud department. Had to tell them the day they received police report! CSR removed last LGEFCU CO account! EQ is now clean! MF is report EQ at 751! OMG! So excited!

Time to put in some apps!

Applied for NFCU CLOC and CashRewards card! Hoping for a big limit!

December 17, 2016
Had to verify my identity based on fraud alert on my account! They sent a text msg to my phone per my CR fraud stmt!
Appoved for $15K – I see HP TU/EQ (no HP for membership account). Waiting for answer on cc approval.

December 19, 2016
Had to verify my identity based on fraud alert on my account AGAIN! This time they had to call my phone. Approved for $24K (I see another HP on TU). So 2 HP on TU and 1 on EQ. Well worth it for those credit lines!

EQ – 747 (-4 points)
TU – 732 No Change
EX – 617 No Change

December 20, 2016
Called to remove fraud alert on CR to make apps go easier. Also verified a freeze on EX. CRA said fraud alert removals should take 2-48 hours.

December 22, 2016
Decided to app for CSP instead of CSR because of AF. Went into bank where they asked the banker to send over a copy of my ID and sent a text to my phone. Fraud alert is still showing on EQ!
Approved for $24, 700. Asked if I could app for another card they said yes, but another HP. Didn’t have time to go through process again will try again tomorrow.

December 23, 2016

App’d for Chase Southwest Premier with $50K referral SUB online (want companion pass) – 7-14 days notice in writing.

App’d for Chase Southwest Premier Business with $50K SUB online (want companion pass) – 7-14 days notice in writing.

Went into bank and when banker logged into my account she saw new CSW account - $24,900! Business account still pending!

App’d for Home Depot in store. CSR gave me a number to call in. Call in they have to send a text to my phone. After all that they denied me? DENIED! Maybe because Citibank was included in BK in 2005?

App’d for Lowe’s – Instantly approved for $6K! 2/4 so far today!

App’d for Penfed PLOC, Visa and Defender Amex. No instant approval.

App’d for Alliant Visa. No instant approval.

App’d for USAA checking account – told to upload proof of service documents.

December 24, 2016
OMG! I was denied an account with USAA because my discharge says “Under Honorable Conditions” and not honorable. WTF! Sometimes I swear these organizations just slap veterans in the face! I need to look into having my Separation codes upgraded! Thanks USAA!

PenFed gave me a lousy $5K limit on the Denfender card! Denied other 2 apps for line of credit and visa based on limited credit experience. Called recon and was told that it is because of my high student loan payment. Uh sir, I don’t have any student loan pmts? Its deferred! Was put on hold for 10 min. Cameback and told me $5K was max total credit they would grant to me based on no limited revolving history.

December 28, 2016

Alliant approved me for $5K. Gave me same story as PenFed!

So currently this is what I have:

NFCU CLOC $15,000
NFCU CashRewards Visa $24,000
Chase Sapphire Preffered $24,700
Chase Southwest Premier $24,900
PenFed Defender $5,000
Alliant CU Visa $5,000
Lowe’s $6,000
Chase SW Premier Biz (still waiting)

I’m so excited! I’ve come such a long way and in such a short amount of time! A true heart felt to everyone at CB! And I hope someone finds this post as useful as the ones I found!
THANK YOU CB!

Very detailed road to recovery and excellent job!

Time now to consider moving those Chase limits around (get one card over $40k).

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=569584&hl=

And in the not-too-distant future definitely get that Lowe's limit up and work on the NFCU CashRewards (finally got mine to $50k)

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=568793&hl=

EQ 751 went to 737 after 8 inquries

TU 732 stayed same after 2 inquires

EX 617 still same no activity

Letter from Home Depot says too many inquiries. I had 6 at that time

Letter from Chase SW Premier Business says contact them based on fraud alert on my account.

I'm sitting in bank now to verify my ID with DL. If I get the card I will most likely open a business banking account as well!

Wow, nice work. Your story is very inspiring, and I love how you collected together the threads that helped in your decisions. Every newbie rebuilder should read this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It means EXACTLY what it says Yoni Freedom!

I heard about freedom of expression, freedom of religion. But not freedom of yoni. :-)

Google it.

I heard about freedom of expression, freedom of religion. But not freedom of yoni. :-)

Google it.

What Kat said^^^^

What about Chase Freedom? You heard of that? :stop:

Google it.

What Kat said^^^^

Yes. But you seem to have a chip on your shoulder and know what yoni freedom actually is. Edited by credit_help

Google it.

What Kat said^^^^

Yes. But you seem to have a chip on your shoulder and know what yoni freedom actually is.

Oh no not at all! My apologies if I made you feel that way. Just trying to keep the topic on credit (credit freedom) :grin:

You could also keep this and future topics credit related by changing your user name to something credit related. :-) :beee:

I like her name!

You could also keep this and future topics credit related by changing your user name to something credit related. :-)

Not sure what the problem is here, or why my online user name got you all hot and bothered, but you really haven't added anything useful or credit related to this post.

If you find the name offensive or just can't help yourself when you see the name, then by all means feel free to not click on any post with the name yonifreedom attached to it!