Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

The Master 2017 Approvals and CLI's Thread

Congrats Empress,don't forget to do the 3 X credit increase at 61 days on the BCE.I have the BCE and i started at $ 500.00 . At 61 days i hit the button and went for $1400.00.In another 6 months you can ask for 3 times the credit limit again.American Express has been excellent in every way for me.Have not had good luck with Discovery,but congrats on that.Some of us must start off with low limits,just remember credit building is a marathon and not a sprint.Let everything age and grow.Have a great weekend!

Thanks! I have a Credit One card that is my longest good TL, but I have a $400 balance on it that I'd like to transfer to another card so I can put the CO card on the back-burner to be used merely as a card to use to fill my gas tank.

Get rid of the credit one as soon as possible! Check to see if the Discover or Amex BCE comes with a Balance transfer offer? Credit one are predatory lenders that play both sides of the street .They grant credit ,and then do debt collection as LVNV Funding.Stay away from First Premier , Credit One , Total Visa ,Blaze ,Conns ,Fingerhut Etc.You can get secured credit cards that graduate for low deposits.If you can't afford those(I've been there) work with the 2 good cards you have.Call amex and discover to see if you have balance transfer options and what it will cost .You ideally want 5 revolving charge accounts and a loan(see Alliant Credit loan hack).Have a great weekend !

Edited by Lightoptik

Make your credit cards pay you for use. Both discover and Amex do that.Don't get a credit card just because you can. Have a plan and a strategy ! I learned that from Mendelson here on credit boards.Best off all read all of the posts (it's nearly free,you just pay your internet bill)

I also have Cap One Quicksilver ($600 CL) and Buypowercard ($750 CL), both of which offer cash back--and I think balance transfers--I'll check. For now, I'll grow those and the Amex and Discover cards. I also have an auto loan through Cap One (although they are gouging me for interest - don't ask, I'm in a good mood and want to stay that way). And I still have a few older good TLs that are on my CRs.

I also have a Fingerhut account - I grew up with Fingerhut being used in our households and that of our family and friends - I don't use it as much these days. They offered a "temporary" CLI that would become permanent if I placed orders totally the amount of the CLI. I saw through that BS and didn't budge. My $1600 CL decreased to $1000, but I'm good.

Your doing good! I started off with the $500.00 lines to start.Now in the 2500.00 to 4000.00 range.Make sure you know when you can do Credit line increases (it varies by credit card company).For example i have the buyPower GM card and they dont do regular CLI .The GM buypower is only good for a credit to a leased or new GM vehicle.I have gotten auto credit line increases though the GM BuyPower card.The quicksilver is every 6 months.Have you asked for a credit line increase?As far as Fingerhut you can buy those everyday items with any of your cashback cards and come out way ahead.The auto loan stuff i don't know much about but they have a section here where people who work at dealerships give you the inside scoop.

I've gotten a stingy CLI of $100 for the QuickSilver :angry: and a $250 CLI (upon request - no auto CLIs) for the Buypowercard (both cards initially started with $300 CL, then CLI to $500 after three months). Hopefully over time, the CLIs will get more generous.

I've gotten a stingy CLI of $100 for the QuickSilver :angry: and a $250 CLI (upon request - no auto CLIs) for the Buypowercard (both cards initially started with $300 CL, then CLI to $500 after three months). Hopefully over time, the CLIs will get more generous.

These cards will likely have limited growth potential forever.

I have a Capital One card that I got when I was subprime, and even after a 2x and a ~3x CLI from the EO, and probably 3-5 others via the luv button, I'm still only at $14,000. The last few have been +$1,000.

US Bank Platinum $5,500 (684)

Citi Costco $5,500 (690)

Chase Freedom $4,500 (696)

All Experian pulls

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

US Bank Platinum $5,500 (684)

Citi Costco $5,500 (690)

Chase Freedom $4,500 (696)

All Experian pulls

Nice!

Bank of America 321 CLI from $6k to $12K

Requested $25K Pulled TU opened 5-28-17

Congratulations! :)

Long time lurker, but I do love this board! Well I pulled the trigger on NFCU and everything you all said was true! I was approved for a goRewards card along with Checking and Savings! The goRewards card is my highest limit at $4400! I think I read that I should ask for a credit limit increase after 91 days. Is this correct? Thank you all for your help on my rebuilding. :)

Long time lurker, but I do love this board! Well I pulled the trigger on NFCU and everything you all said was true! I was approved for a goRewards card along with Checking and Savings! The goRewards card is my highest limit at $4400! I think I read that I should ask for a credit limit increase after 91 days. Is this correct? Thank you all for your help on my rebuilding. :)

Congrats!

I believe 91 days is correct. If it's not, someone else will chime in.

Started my "spree" last week with $50k in limits and added:

• Accepted DCU pre-approved offer for $10k card. Instant approval, no HP.
  • Approved for Marvel MC @ $6k. Will use it for 3-4 months and ask for ~$20k.
  • FNBO CLI $10k > $15k
  • Amex CLI $15k > $18k (going slow, they asked for 4506 when I tried for $20k earlier this year)
  • Macys CLI $2k > $4k

Now at $75k limits not counting business. Not bad with only 1 HP. Marvel MC reported the next the next day and my FICO 8 scores changed: EX -4, TU -0, EQ +1

VERY Nice!

I would like to know how you are achieving such success with just 1 HP.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Started my "spree" last week with $50k in limits and added:

• Accepted DCU pre-approved offer for $10k card. Instant approval, no HP.
  • Approved for Marvel MC @ $6k. Will use it for 3-4 months and ask for ~$20k.
  • FNBO CLI $10k > $15k
  • Amex CLI $15k > $18k (going slow, they asked for 4506 when I tried for $20k earlier this year)
  • Macys CLI $2k > $4k

Now at $75k limits not counting business. Not bad with only 1 HP. Marvel MC reported the next the next day and my FICO 8 scores changed: EX -4, TU -0, EQ +1

VERY Nice!

I would like to know how you are achieving such success with just 1 HP.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DCU pre-approved offers don't require a hard pull. I think there are a few other issuiers who will give new accounts without hard pulls as well. Even Amex issues some cards without a hard pull... you do get a new account though, which is sort of worse than a credit pull...

Also, some CLIs don't require a hard pull.

Edited by mec

Fidelity Visa $17.5K

At least it's better than my Blispay CL

Congrats! ;)

Williams Sonoma Visa $1900 > $2300

Now I can buy a toaster and a coffee maker in one swipe. Lol.

Comenity card $750 > $1050 and Google store card from $1500 > $2500

I called my CU to see about increasing that limit but they want to do a hard pull to do so. Should I do it anyway?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Let me start by thanking creditboards and all you knowledgeable folks forgetting my credit repair journey on the right track.

Last year at this time my ficos were between 525-540.

Started with a zales card 12/15 $1000 cl with10% deposit. >>>>10/16 $3500 with no deposit required. Will request another CLI this month.

Next got a wells fargo secured card 3/16 which i gradually got up to $1000 by way of deposits - still secured btw. They really eont let go the collateral.

Cap 1 Plat 9/11 $300>>>

2/17 ipgraded to QS +$750>>> 7/17 $1250

Kay jewelers 10/16 $4000 >>>> 8/17 $6000

Syncrony Bank/Car Care 3/17 $400

Cap 1 plat 7/17 $500

AMEX BCE 8/17 $500

Chase Freedom 8/17 $3000

I dont think i will apply for any more card for the next year.

New Fico scores : TU=666 EQ=655 EX=663

Pushing for 700.. wish me luck.lol