Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

The Master 2017 Approvals and CLI's Thread

Wells Fargo has my mortgage now and I've been getting prescreened offers for one of their cards.

Mail and email versions.

Today, someone from WF called and left me a voicemail about it.

I've never heard of that before.

At least they're asking before opening the account now. Small win.

Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi approved $7,000. Citi was included in bk in 2009.

Congratulations!!! :)

Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi approved $7,000. Citi was included in bk in 2009.

Congratulations!!! :)

Thank you, Kat :)

As of two hours ago TD is a US citizen. We celebrated with BBQ for lunch and a new Barclaycard Arrival+, instantly approved for (drum roll) $12,500. :lol:

So far the experience with the Arrival+ has been Full FecalTM, as expected.

It's been almost a week since approval and we still don't have the card. Yesterday we spent over $10k on travel purchases that we could not practically defer, including a 39-night stay at an Airbnb rental in California for TAD and $3,000 in conference registrations for me.

It would have been nice to burn through the required spending for the signup bonus in one sitting purchase yesterday.

Setting that aside, it's comical to me that less than one day of travel spending* would have put us over 80% utilization on this "travel card."

* I say "less than one day" because I also put two domestic air reservations with AA totaling about $1,000 on a 24-hour hold, in case the card arrives in the mailbox today.

No "travel card" in today's mail either.

I am actually traveling on Thursday and won't be back to the Mud Hut until 9/8. Now I have to make sure that TAD opens the envelope, activates the card and puts it in his wallet between now and then.

Odds are about 20% that I will be able to pull this off in the next two weeks.

My Miles and More card was opened on Aug. 9 and I got it yesterday Aug. 24 after calling on Aug. 23 and requesting expedited delivery at the cost of $15.

Tried NFCU again , and got denied , tried CreditOne , got the pre-qual page ,then approved for $400 on a Platinum card. :D

I know its not much , but I need to start somewhere.

Tried NFCU again , and got denied , tried CreditOne , got the pre-qual page ,then approved for $400 on a Platinum card. :D

I know the approval feels good, but you should really consider calling and cancelling the card before it reports. You don't need to do business with a sub prime issuer like Credit one who is owned by Sherman Financial, one of the shadiest CAs/JDBs out there.

Starting with a good secured card would be a much better choice.

I know the approval feels good, but you should really consider calling and cancelling the card before it reports. You don't need to do business with a sub prime issuer like Credit one who is owned by Sherman Financial, one of the shadiest CAs/JDBs out there.

Mendel I want to thank you for the tireless work you do to save lost souls. 🤑

+1000

Congrats!!!

Hit the button for my Citi double cash. $ 500.00 increase . Now i'm able to see up from the gutter to the very edge of the sidewalk.Most people get higher credit line increases that my total $2500.00 limit.But after all those FOAD letters from citi i'm happy with it.No hard pull,maybe i should have done one.To late now.

Product changed my Amex Delta gold to Hilton Honors (No annual fee )Double the credit limit when i product changed and i get the SUB after $1000.00 spend.Went from $1000.00 credit to $2,000.

were you refused membership or just an unsecured credit card? if it is membership that means your scores are so low that they can do nothing. If it was for an unsecured card consider opening a shared savings loan at 500, when the loan is funded open a secured card with that borrowed 500. get double duty out of your deposit and two tradelines from a quality lender.

Product changed my Amex Delta gold to Hilton Honors (No annual fee )Double the credit limit when i product changed and i get the SUB after $1000.00 spend.Went from $1000.00 credit to $2,000.

How were u able to PC Delta Gold to Hilton I thought u would have to stay in the delta family?

I don't know.I had to call twice to do it though.The first rep talked about no fee Delta (which we have heard rumors about.I brought the first conversation up when they again didn't want to help me.I told them i had a copy of the conversation .I asked about the Hilton card .I spoke with a supervisor at length and after questions and being on hold he came back with Hilton Honors.I got an email that it had been mailed yesterday.On the online portal the Delta is gone and the Hilton showed up.No new hard credit pulls are showing up.And as a data point they wouldn't even talk to me about my green.(2 months old)Call it a fluke but i'll take the outcome any day.

Looking at the email they expedited the shipping as well ,My other Amex cards i had to wait at least a week or more.

Your Hilton HonorsTM Card from American Express has shipped!

We're excited to have you as a new Hilton HonorsTM Card from American Express Member, so we sent your Card with expedited shipping. You should get your new Card in 2-3 business days.

Your Hilton HonorsTM Card from American Express has shipped!

Edited by Lightoptik

J Crew $9,050 -> $13,050. I guess I will buy a pair of socks.

Congrats. Enjoy the new socks.

J Crew $9,050 -> $13,050. I guess I will buy a pair of socks.

Congrats. Enjoy the new socks.

Thanks again and I will :lol:

I just prequalified and APPROVED for an Amex Blue Cash credit card. :yahoo: It's only a CL of $500, but after five on-time payments, the CL will increase.

I never thought I would EVER carry an American Express card.

Congrats Empress,don't forget to do the 3 X credit increase at 61 days on the BCE.I have the BCE and i started at $ 500.00 . At 61 days i hit the button and went for $1400.00.In another 6 months you can ask for 3 times the credit limit again.American Express has been excellent in every way for me.Have not had good luck with Discovery,but congrats on that.Some of us must start off with low limits,just remember credit building is a marathon and not a sprint.Let everything age and grow.Have a great weekend!