5 Places Where You Should Never Give Your Social Security Number

Poor Bastard

The last post in this topic was posted 2162 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I think your link is wrong.

It's linking back to this page... unless this is a joke that I'm not getting. :D

Well the thread was meant to be a joke, but how it linked back to this thread I have no idea! I can no longer edit the original, so let's try that again!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-levin/identity-theft_b_2967679.html

"Every time you go to a new doctor or dentist and they give you a clipboard brimming with documents to fill out and sign, notice how they always ask for your Social Security number?"

Since I am a medicare recipient, refusing to provide a SS number is pointless. My medicare account number is my SS number with a single letter suffix added.

I was just glad he told me to not give it to people on the street. Before I read it, I had a habit of giving it to people on the street. Once a homeless guy asked me for it and I thought "what the hell, how could it hurt?". Now thanks to this article I know better.

If you give your SSN, the homeless guy can give you a charity receipt for tax deduction purposes. Right?!?

I was helping an elderly friend of mine with paperwork that Social Security needed. EVERY piece of mail that Social Security sent him had his FULL Social Security number on.

One time we went into the local SS office. As soon as you walk in there is a machine that you go to sign in. It wants your name, SS number, DOB.. Right next to this machine is a long bench where people sit waiting to be called. The bench is about 1 foot from the machine so the people sitting can watch you put in your total SS number and DOB.

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it. Totally insane.

The last post in this topic was posted 2162 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.