Slicer 619

Does NAV report?

I am quite confident that Experian does not provide creditor names. It's part of their contract with the creditors who report that they will keep that confidential. They do report industry type (printing, bankcard etc.) Would be interested to know what you saw/where supermarc!

I concur that Exp does not give creditors names but I was told by Nav (they have some exclusivity with Exp) that they are working on including last 4 digits of account number (so that it can be easier to identify) creditors. This is of great help for my company since we have quite a few creditors reporting on Exp & Equifax.

I concur that Exp does not give creditors names but I was told by Nav (they have some exclusivity with Exp) that they are working on including last 4 digits of account number (so that it can be easier to identify) creditors. This is of great help for my company since we have quite a few creditors reporting on Exp & Equifax.

they give last 4 on Exp report but mine are not all accurate

I have 3 accounts in Experian I just haven't figured out which vendors they are, some are easy to tell but some are not.

I always try to leave a balance to see if it reports it so I can tell which one it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday, Nav began reporting all our paid accounts to all three major commercial credit agencies (positive info only): D&B, Experian and Equifax commercial. Only positive information is reported.  

On 9/19/2019 at 8:15 AM, GerriDetweiler said:

Yesterday, Nav began reporting all our paid accounts to all three major commercial credit agencies (positive info only): D&B, Experian and Equifax commercial. Only positive information is reported.  

How does NAV do this? Do you need to send them anything?

54 minutes ago, CreditGuy03 said:

How does NAV do this? Do you need to send them anything?

It is automatic. You will be asked to verify which business is yours if you are monitoring other businesses in your Nav account but beyond that, there's nothing you need to do. Nav will send you an alert when it's reported. It may take 14-45 days to appear, depending on the reporting cycle. 

10 hours ago, GerriDetweiler said:

It is automatic. You will be asked to verify which business is yours if you are monitoring other businesses in your Nav account but beyond that, there's nothing you need to do. Nav will send you an alert when it's reported. It may take 14-45 days to appear, depending on the reporting cycle. 

So how does NAV know that I have business credit?

Lets say I have a Seton account and they dont report anywhere. How would NAV know that I have a SETON account if they never ask which accounts that I have beyond what is on my NAV report?

I need those accounts like Demco and MSC etc that do not report anywhere to be reported on my credit.

I can confirm it did report to dnb for one of my businesses recently after signing up for subscription. 

FYI overall experience with nav has been mostly good and helpful but i think their app and website has some bugs. I have several business llc that are real estate and investment asset holdings that i started with different partners in the past 5 years. The companies have been using just bank debit cards to pay for expenses as they're not that many transactions and would use personal credit cards and reimburse as well. However recently we have wanted to expand and start some new things and rather than finance on our personal cards  felt it time to get a business cc and research loans. It was easy to see on nav which cards i qualified for and which ones not and why. However, some of the info on the website was inaccurate so i got accepted by one it said i wouldn't be likely to and declined by one i had a 95% chance i  would. I liked that i could see the criteria nav thinks the credit card compony is  looking for but that is what wasnt quite accurate or didnt have enough info on my biz. So at least that helped somewhat. Also the website doesn't seem to like when i put a second llc into the profile to keep its data separate and why some inaccuracy in its recommendations  (problem with cookies i think?). Ive also been working to establish our business credit so that when/if we need it and found their blogs very helpful but Im still a newbie with business credit so lurking in this forum .... 

On 9/20/2019 at 11:10 PM, CreditGuy03 said:

So how does NAV know that I have business credit?

Lets say I have a Seton account and they dont report anywhere. How would NAV know that I have a SETON account if they never ask which accounts that I have beyond what is on my NAV report?

I need those accounts like Demco and MSC etc that do not report anywhere to be reported on my credit.

Nav shows your business credit data on file with Equifax, Experian and Dun & Bradstreet on the small business side. It's similar to CreditKarma but for the business owner. So you won't get a "Nav" credit report; you'll get a credit report from each of those three commercial credit bureaus, provided they have reports on your business. 

Does that make sense? 

Are reports NAV provides a "overview" report and not a detailed report like Experian Biz? Also there have been quite a few accounts of NAV not reporting within the first 3 months to the CRAs. Is there a lag time with the subscription? If purchasing using the quarterly option, I would think they would want to report to the CRAs before its time to submit a second quarterly payment for services by a subscriber.

Free Nav accounts provide a summary business credit report from Equifax, Experian and Dun & Bradstreet. There can be a lag of up to two months for the account to start reporting. You will get an alert when it starts reporting. After that, reporting should occur monthly as your Nav paid account is processed (or quarterly if you choose that option).