Sign in to follow this  
tmmase

Chase Bank

I opened a Chase checking account online, this past Saturday. Went into the branch today, to fund it, and they gave me my debit card. Im assuming they ran a chex report when I applied online, and I am in Chexsystems. How long will it be before they actually close it?

Chase has been known to approve if Chexsystems negatives are 36 months or older. If you have a negative EWS report, there is a high probability the account will be frozen or closed.

How old is your Chexsystems information?

Any negatives in EWS?

Edited by tmcgill

I know my chexsystems is not older than 36 months, but I'm not sure about EWS? Im gonna have to request a report from them. If and when Chase closes the account, about how many days is it after its opened?

I just called EWS, and they are emailing me a form that they said I need to fill out first, to verify my identity, before they can send me my report.

Chase has been known to approve if Chexsystems negatives are 36 months or older. If you have a negative EWS report, there is a high probability the account will be frozen or closed.

How old is your Chexsystems information?

Any negatives in EWS?

How many days normally is it before they'll close?

From previous posts, it looks like they handle on a case by case basis.

I would wait a couple of statement cycles before starting direct deposit. Also, keep one or more non-Chex and non-EWS accounts, and don't keep all your funds in Chase.

From previous posts, it looks like they handle on a case by case basis.

I would wait a couple of statement cycles before starting direct deposit. Also, keep one or more non-Chex and non-EWS accounts, and don't keep all your funds in Chase.

Not random sweeps. Sometimes they will run an updated report if you apply for billpay or other extra services.

Chexsystems also sends alerts if your file gets new negative information.

Years ago I was in Check Systems and believed I couldn't get a checking acct. My friend insisted on taking me to Chase and I was able to open a checking acct. I believe my baddie in Check Systems was several years old at the time. I've had now the same checking acct with Chase.

Will they keep your money if they close your account a few months later or do you get the money in your checking and savings back ?