Need Advise Please..looking to finance 2nd vehicle

DeterminedinNC

The last post in this topic was posted 2062 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello! Currently my vehicle is financed through Carmax Finance since March of 2015. My APR is 6.95 and I've never been late. I have a better than decent income ($137K annually). My current FICOS 8s are EQ 655, EX 656, TU 640. I have a repo from a car I co-signed on (I know, NEVER again) that is CO'd and due to fall off late next year. I have a couple of other baddies (paid collections) left across the board but I have been able to get some prime revolvers and have done some major repair/cleaning over the past year. I need a second dependable car for my teen daughter who is going to college a few hours away. I would love to avoid inquiry hell at the dealership and get preapproved...the vehicle I'm interested in is listed at $15,337. I app'd NFCU for it last night but was denied. I don't know the reason yet, but it could be that I was approved in the past couple of weeks for a CC (24K) and a CLOC (15K) so I may have too much new exposure with them.

Can anyone suggest another CU that I may be able to get a single digit interest rate? It doesn't have to be 1 or 2 percent but 5 or 6 would be nice..Cap 1 pre-approved me for 35k but the interest rates were around 10-11 on every car I looked at on their Navigator.

Thanks in advance for any help or advise offered!!!!

Try DCU? If I remember correctly those scores will get you a rate of 3.49

Remember DCU uses EQ Fico 04 AKA your mortgage score OP listed Fico 08 scores DCU doesn't use Fico 08.

BigPoppa, where can I find that score? I don't see it on MF....

Its on MF it will be listed as your EQ beacon 5 score

Remember DCU uses EQ Fico 04 AKA your mortgage score OP listed Fico 08 scores DCU doesn't use Fico 08.

the one thats says Fico score 5 and that it is commonly used for mortgages is 637...that may not get me in :-/

the one thats says Fico score 5 and that it is commonly used for mortgages is 637...that may not get me in :-/

U should get a decent rate give it a shot!

I already did but I haven't heard anything back..it wasn't instant so now I'm worried..lol

I already did but I haven't heard anything back..it wasn't instant so now I'm worried..lol
With them it's never really instant just give em a call and see what they say.

It was a NO from DCU but a YES from USAA!!! Go figure....lol...I've been a member for 15 years and never really app'd for anything there but it's where I do all my main banking and I have all my insurance through them so maybe that's why it worked in my favor!!

It was a NO from DCU but a YES from USAA!!! Go figure....lol...I've been a member for 15 years and never really app'd for anything there but it's where I do all my main banking and I have all my insurance through them so maybe that's why it worked in my favor!!
Congrats.

DCU is known to be very conservative. I'd have done Pemfed before DCU if you are a member there.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Congrats.

DCU is known to be very conservative. I'd have done Pemfed before DCU if you are a member there.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

+1 DCU is super conservative especially if they know u not gone be using there products heavy.

The last post in this topic was posted 2062 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.