Sign in to follow this  
dmills

Weird experience w/ Synchrony Marvel MC

I was approved for a Marvel card 2 months ago for 1.5k and imminently called for a CLI which I received for 6k. Today I was checking my reports and they decreased my limit back down to 1.5k...I thought that was strange so I called in and talked to a credit analyst who explained to me that in the Terms and Condition's they have the right to review and adjust the limits as they see fit.

Well thinking in the back of my head my credit score had just went up 24 points and I had just paid all my cards down expect for one that had a very small balance I asked for an increase.

The credit analyst ask me for how much... I shot for 12k and she came back with a 10k counter offer.

Decrease my limited only to approve me for a higher one...lol...that is what i call winning :)

Congrats. I started out at $1.5k as well then took me to $5k. I called yesterday and asked for $10k and they countered $8k. I wonder if that's their thing. When they don't wanna give the full amount requested they deduct $2k. Prolly not.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

The just decreased my limit from $7k down to $1024. Gonna give them a call.

A CLD to $1024 is Sync code for "you haven't used your card in far too long".

+1 been there and done that!

Just got off the phone, got it bumped back up to $7k. Will start using it periodically. Thanks!

Just got off the phone, got it bumped back up to $7k. Will start using it periodically. Thanks!

Is this the Marvel card? If so use it all the time if you eat out. Mine gets a ton of use but I eat out 7-8 times per week..on the light side. good luck

Is this the Marvel card? If so use it all the time if you eat out. Mine gets a ton of use but I eat out 7-8 times per week..on the light side. good luck

Yes it is marvel. I actually forgot I had it! I have put it in my wallet now so I'll remember to use it. Thanks.

^ this

My wife and I eat out all the time. We burn up that Marvel card!

I eat out pretty seldom. What I don't like about the card is that they will credit the account after I pay the bill and leave me with a credit balance. -1.23

It just looks weird - and then you think - I should use the card to get rid of that - but you can never get rid of it, unless you pay the bill after the statement drops, which I don't like to do.

As a result, since Costco Visa also gives 3% at restaurants, I'm more inclined to use that card, or the Amex HiltonHonors for the 5 pts per dollar.

I plan to leave the Synch cards open, pretty much unused except 2x a year.

It also gets 3% back on entertainment. Those who go to the movies a lot it can save a lot.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

I eat out pretty seldom. What I don't like about the card is that they will credit the account after I pay the bill and leave me with a credit balance. -1.23

It just looks weird - and then you think - I should use the card to get rid of that - but you can never get rid of it, unless you pay the bill after the statement drops, which I don't like to do.

As a result, since Costco Visa also gives 3% at restaurants, I'm more inclined to use that card, or the Amex HiltonHonors for the 5 pts per dollar.

yeah but they don't look as cool as Spidey and we use it a ton so the monthly credit doesn't bother me. JMHO and good luck

yeah but they don't look as cool as Spidey and we use it a ton so the monthly credit doesn't bother me. JMHO and good luck

^ this

Folks love my Spiderman card! B)

They did this to my Gap and Amazon cards. I called to try and get them back up, but no dice. So I closed them. I don't need that negativity in my life.