Sign in to follow this  
nickolerose

Multiple Medicals, needing guidance from Why Chat

Hi, I am new and have been lurking for quite some time. This Board is super amazing and very informative.

I have several medical accounts that I am wanting to dispute. I had temp State insurance Medicaid, and was not aware that these were not paid.

I have started Why Chat's Guides.

1- Opted- out

2- ordered reports

​3- ordered supplies from USPS

4- Disputed old names and addresses, EQ and TU deleted old addresses and name variances, EX will not budge, they will not remove any information only updated that one old addresses is now a commercial location?( I have sent 2 Dispute letters) snail mail.

​5- I have a total of 15 accounts with 3 CA (Financial Data System, PMAB, and Franklin).

​6_ I have triaged my reports, and have created my initial dispute letters. I have not sent these yet, I was waiting to see if there is anything I can do to get EX to remove old Addy's

7- I have contacted my local DSS and they refuse to send me any information on EOMB. They are sending me information regarding Insurance dates.

​8-Im in NC and as far I can tell SOL for medical is 3 years, which I have just made the 3 year mark (thanksgiving is the last time I went in, put on life support, came home Dec 11, 2013.

​9- All medical dates on reports are all incorrect.

​What steps do I take next.

Thank you very much for your guide.

Edited by nickolerose

You are doing just fine. Don't worry about not being able to delete old addresses from your Ex report-- BUT the name variations are worrying-- how far off are they?? Are there any alternate SS#s on your Ex report?? Check all your reports for OTHER unknown stuff like inquiries from strange Companies . As to the bad address on Ex. did you follow the suggestions for disputing addresses here?

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDEBOOK.html

If that is what you did with Ex. then just proceed with the initial dispute letter to all the CRAs

http://whychat.5u.com/hipaadisp.html

List ALL medical accounts as they appear on the report you are disputing

You are correct about NC having a 3 year SOL you legal SOL will be up 3 years from the date of your last medical service Dec. 11 ,2013( assuming that was the date of your discharge) So I would wait until Dec. 21 before mailing the disputes.

http://www.whychat.5u.com/States/state-nc.html

Why Chat,

Yes a few different names, other than my maiden name (which is listed on my medical) such as Jr at the end. A totally different last name and also missed spellings of my maiden name.

Two variances in SS, I have froze the report however, I did not see anything such as accounts, inquiry's or such ( maybe too outdated).

one SS variance was my late husbands(assuming they had us joint due to a few joint accounts)

There are also a few address differences, either the address doesn't even exist and one I have never lived and a PO BOX that I never set up.

I followed the guides precisely as you have recommended.

Any other suggestions?

You MUST get the SS# discrepancies fixed also the "totally different last name " and the "commercial address" before you do anything else.

Are these ONLY on Ex.??

If you have disputed them before with any CRA and they are still there you need to file a complaint with both the FTC and the CFPB

http://whychat.5u.com/hipaaftccomp.html

Okay will do, Yes both other CRA removed them with no issues, Ex would not remove any "personal" info from snail mail disputes as per the process. I will file the complaints thank you

I will update.

Good Morning Why Chat,

I have filed the compliants to the FTC and CFPB and have completed the follow up letters to the CRA (EX) how long does it usually take before you are even aware that they have it?

* sorry just a little anxious*

Good Morning Why Chat,

I have filed the compliants to the FTC and CFPB and have completed the follow up letters to the CRA (EX) how long does it usually take before you are even aware that they have it?

* sorry just a little anxious*

Unfortunately everything takes longer during the Holiday Season. Allow at least 3 weeks.

Hello Why Chat,

​I'm back on the grind with my credit repair journey, after a long several month family emergency.

​*I had sent out all my initial dispute letters via USPS PM with tracking,

​*All CRA received them on Friday Feb. 10

*All updated statuses to be "in dispute" except Transunion. I checked the back door and nothing shows as disputed. To be sure I paid for a Transunion report only to see nothing has or was disputed and everything is as was.

​*The only thing they updated was credit report generated on 02/12/2017 and status updated on 02/27/2017 and dispute status says N/A

​* One month will be up on March 13, and that is allowing a couple extra days from date they got.

​So my question is since I have proof of them having my dispute and nothing was done, Do I have any options open to me?

Thank You for your wisdom as always

Did you get the other errors corrected??

" get the SS# discrepancies fixed also the "totally different last name " and the "commercial address" before you do anything else.

Are these ONLY on Ex.??"

Check the back doors of Ex and Eq

All the other errors have been corrected with Ex. Back door with Ex and Eq show in dispute. TU is the one that never showed anything in dispute at this point.

Wait until your disputes with Ex and Eq are answered. If you haven't seen any indication from TU by then go ahead and back door them, you will have to sign up with them to do so , be sure you opt out again after any back door session