OC adding new payments in payment history years after CO...

DeterminedinNC

The last post in this topic was posted 2128 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I know an OC can update the status of a CO, but can they report that I paid when I did not? They changed the payment history to "ok" for several months, then they added a new 30, 60, and 90 day late and then went back to CO for November...this caused me a 27 point drop!

I thought that they had to change it CO after 90 days delinquency and leave it at that?

They also changed the status from late with the status comment being CO to the actual status being CO now with a comment CO $1550 wrriten off...

any feedback on this?????

maybe someone is making payments for you?

CA's call the wrong people all the time - and those Wrong people pay

Maybe but I honestly think it's an attempt at tanking my score...they report something that has been Charged Off for years as being paid for a few months, then report a 30, 60, 90, then CO and my score nose dives..27 point drop!!..they know how to work the system to do the most damage...my reports are close to clean except for them and a couple others and my score was the highest it's been....I smell a conspiracy and I'm so bummed!!!! :cry2:

I know an OC can update the status of a CO, but can they report that I paid when I did not? They changed the payment history to "ok" for several months, then they added a new 30, 60, and 90 day late and then went back to CO for November...this caused me a 27 point drop!

I thought that they had to change it CO after 90 days delinquency and leave it at that?

They also changed the status from late with the status comment being CO to the actual status being CO now with a comment CO $1550 wrriten off...

Is the DOFD changing on your report or is it just the little payment history boxes changing from CO to OK?

Is the DOFD changing on your report or is it just the little payment history boxes changing from CO to OK?

^ this

^ this

on my very first Experian paper report dated Aug 2015 that I got when I started credit repair has the Feb 2022 as the date it should fall off which would make it Feb 2015...(that is wrong.. the last payment they received was in Feb of 2013 so it should be Mar 2013 which would equal Mar 2020.)

a paper report from Oct 2015 has the fall off date as Apr 2022 so fall off date would be Apr 2015.

This just happened yesterday but I've ordered a new Experian paper report.

On a paper Equifax report from July 2016, they are reporting it correctly...DOFD showing as Mar 2013

I know the DOFD is important but when they change the payment information from showing CO to showing 30, 60, 90 late then CO again, it kills my score..I looked back and this is not the first time they have done it...

I may be incorrect, but I think updating it at all is what's killing your score.

Updating it to be recent will give underwriters pause, however.

I know the DOFD is important but when they change the payment information from showing CO to showing 30, 60, 90 late then CO again, it kills my score..I looked back and this is not the first time they have done it...

I may be incorrect, but I think updating it at all is what's killing your score.

Updating it to be recent will give underwriters pause, however.

YES...the updating monthly hasn't affected my score much but this move had MyFico pick it up as a new collection AND I lost 27 points...

bringing an account up to date and then late again with a CO resets the DOFD on the account

if the fall off date changed to another 7 years from the new CO date, that's illegal reaging

so in addition to the complaint with CFPB, would you send the OC an ITS letter?

yes. but you have to dispute thru the CRA 's first 1) in order to file a CFPB complaint , and 2) to be granted FCRA rights to sue on it. ( forgot if you did that already )

bringing an account up to date and then late again with a CO resets the DOFD on the account

if the fall off date changed to another 7 years from the new CO date, that's illegal reaging

yes. but you have to dispute thru the CRA 's first 1) in order to file a CFPB complaint , and 2) to be granted FCRA rights to sue on it. ( forgot if you did that already )

I did..it's marked as disputed on my report

good deal then,

Do you have an actual hard copy report that shows the DOFD and Fall off Date changed?

good deal then,

Do you have an actual hard copy report that shows the DOFD and Fall off Date changed?

yes I one from Aug 2015 and one from Oct 2015 and the DOFDs are different...I ordered another paper copy on Saturday that will show if has been changed again.

The OC attempted to reach me on my cell today...as soon as I saw the area code, I knew it was them...I didn't answer but the guy left a message..he just asked me to give him a call...they must have received one or both of my complaints...I haven't received an update email from the CFPB or the BBB today....

I haven't heard back from the CFPB or BBB yet BUT one of them did something because the OC corrected my report and I got back the 27 points on Ex that I lost when they changed it a few days ago!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Not a deletion, but I still see it as a small victory!!!!! Thanks to CB once again for guidance and support!!!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 2128 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.