Sign in to follow this  
HERE WE GO !!!

Authorized User ?

Just added my spouse as a authorized user to one of my credit cards. They claim that they will notify the credit bureaus for both of us in regards to payment history.

Spouse only has 1 secured cc and no derogs of any kind. I did this to help build spouse's credit.

How are they going to notify credit bureaus without asking for social security number ? All they ask for was name and stated card would arrive in 7-10 business days.

Thanks

They don't need the Social Security number. That is down on the list that CRA's use to match information. If my memory is correct it is like in position number 6 for check data.

Yeah, they typically have no issue locating AUs without a SSN.

Remember when adding others or adding yourself to an AU that the account should report a $0 balance, and anything that either increases the oldest account age or AAOA is most likely to gain points.

Remember when adding others or adding yourself to an AU that the account should report a $0 balance, and anything that either increases the oldest account age or AAOA is most likely to gain points.

What do you mean about the account should report a zero balance ? Do you mean when the AU uses the card when its time for a payment to pay balance in full ? I normally pay off any balance on my cards to avoid interest.

Right now I have a balance of $88.00 on the credit card, which I used yesterday charging $88.00. My credit limit on the card is $9000.00.

I want to do anything I can to help spouse build credit and not have a thin file.

Also, do I need to unlock spouses credit reports for cc company to look at spouses reports?

Thanks

Edited by HERE WE GO !!!

What do you mean about the account should report a zero balance ? Do you mean when the AU uses the card when its time for a payment to pay balance in full ? I normally pay off any balance on my cards to avoid interest.

Right now I have a balance of $88.00 on the credit card, which I used yesterday charging $88.00. My credit limit on the card is $9000.00.

I want to do anything I can to help spouse build credit and not have a thin file.

Also, do I need to unlock spouses credit reports for cc company to look at spouses reports?

Thanks

I mean that the ideal account for an AU reports a $0 statement balance. If you want to help your spouse, make sure it reports $0. Sometimes AUs can be negatively impacted by things that don't have the same weight on the credit profile of the primary account holder.

No need to unlock. Any current creditor can look at reports through a freeze.

What do you mean about the account should report a zero balance ? Do you mean when the AU uses the card when its time for a payment to pay balance in full ? I normally pay off any balance on my cards to avoid interest. Yes, that's what mendelssohn meant.

Also, do I need to unlock spouses credit reports for cc company to look at spouses reports? Shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks