Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Disembarking Gold Star Family Booed By First Class Passengers

The last post in this topic was posted 1435 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

These pretentious pieces of &hit have no clue how lucky they are that I wasn't on this flight.

The father of a California soldier recently killed in Afghanistan says he felt disrespected and hurt by passengers who booed him and his family when they were on a flight to meet his son's remains.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/gold-star-family-slain-california-soldier-booed-flight-43663777

Disgusting behavior. People like this don't have a clue how life works. Even if you disagree with the military you can show some respect for a family suffering a devastating loss.

Awful if true, but this reads like a made-up click bait story.

"Perry said several passengers in first class booed, complaining that it was 'baloney' and that they paid first-class fares."

First of all, most people in first class aren't there because they paid FC fare, especially out of Sacramento. They're either flying on award tickets or they got a free upgrade due to status.

Second, pretty much no one, much less several people, utter "boo" or use the word "baloney."

Third, most of the AA planes that I fly through Phoenix are old US Airways planes, with only two rows in FC. If this was the case here, "several people" is basically the entire FC cabin.

Fourth, the author goes out of his way to note that Perry made no observations about whether the people in coach also did this. Why would you mention something that wasn't observed? Because it's raw meat for the class warfare crowd.

Fifth, how much time does it take to walk through the FC cabin if no one else is exiting? Not as long as it would take to here people "boo," say the word "baloney" and note what they paid for their tickets.

There is no way I believe a Marine Corps veteran, traveling to bury his son at Arlington National Cemetery, embellished something like this.

There is no way I believe a Marine Corps veteran, traveling to bury his son at Arlington National Cemetery, embellished something like this.

I agree, but then if AA did not fully explain the situation, other than saying it was a "special family" other people running late might have not realized the gravity of their situation. Of course I can see why AA did not (should not?) reveal too much private information.

Of course he could. He was overwrought with grief at the loss of his son. It is very easy for anyone to overreact in such circumstances.

If you want to state your belief that a Marine Corps Vet wouldn't embellish, might I point out that I don't believe a Marine wouldn't go crying to the media because his feelings was hurt. (I mean, if we are going to play into stereotypes, lets do it right)

I have to agree with Hege here, If the pilot (or whomever) didn't specifically state WHY they had to deplane first (and they wouldn't due to the family's privacy) then how were people to know? I am sure many of them were also worried about making their connecting flights as well.

Nothing in the story says they were traveling to bury anyone anywhere. There is no mention of Arlington in the story.

Nothing in the story says they were traveling to bury anyone anywhere. There is no mention of Arlington in the story.

The family was traveling to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to await the Arrival of their sons body from Afghanistan. The pilot did a Outstanding job the father didn't embellished the story the media did.

Edited by credithunting

The family was traveling to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to await the Arrival of their sons body from Afghanistan. The pilot did a Outstanding job the father didn't embellished the story the media did.

The story was told poorly. I didn't say the father embellished anything. Dover also isn't mentioned in the story, nor is the pilot.

The story was told poorly. I didn't say the father embellished anything. Dover also isn't mentioned in the story, nor is the pilot.

https://www.armytimes.com/articles/gold-star-father-urges-compassion-after-airplane-passengers-boo-family

https://www.armytimes.com/articles/gold-star-father-urges-compassion-after-airplane-passengers-boo-family

A second story on the same incident is immaterial to my comments about the credibility of the story in the original post, which was written by someone else and published elsewhere.

The last post in this topic was posted 1435 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.