Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

Master Amex 4506-T (Tax Return Verification) for CLI Thread

Cv, that's exactly what happened with me. They told me I forgot to check a box, which didn't make sense to me either since that box is a required field and thus the form wouldn't have submitted if that were the case. The CSR had to initiate from their end. Doing it that way, the process seems to go through. If your request ends up working out, I think we can conclude that going forward people should just have the CSR initiate the request.

I'm not 100% sure that I checked the box properly on the previous attempts, nor am I 100% sure that they have their online form template correctly configured to enforce the requirement to check that box...

FWIW, I see from the screenshots that they use DocuSign as their e-signature platform. This is a well-regarded e-signing solution, that no doubt offers this type of validation.

Let's see how this goes.

I submitted a 4506-T as an e-doc last week, and after reading CV's problems, called AmEx to confirm that they were in receipt of a *properly* executed form. And sure enough, I also had not checked the accursed box. In resubmitting the form, I noted that the box (immediately above and to the left of the signature line) is not, in fact a required field. And there's a reason for that. This box is to be checked when the form is signed by someone other than the taxpayer for whom the form is is being submitted. But if AmEx considers this a required field, why don't they prefill it like they do with the field identifying the type of transcript they're requesting?

My conversation with the CSR from the CLI departmetn did reveal an apparent whole in their process. After looking up my file and finding that I had not checked the irrelevant but required box, the agent told me to go to https://americanexpres/incomeverification, enter the code from the email I received, and resubmit the 4506. "What email", I asked? "The email we sent you when you submitted an incomplete form", he replied. Except I never received such an email. CV - how about you? Did you get a notice from AmEx informing you that your 4506-T was incomplete?

for what it's worth, I did not receive an email about an incomplete form either. I found out it was incomplete after calling in.

So we're 0/3 on receiving the "incomplete form" email.

Buttmonkeys.

in 7 months of my circular cluster *Admin removes vulgarity* with amex I was told to expect an email at least 6 times and received zero emails.

0/4. Maybe they should restart Outlook.

Edited by cv91915

OK, quick recap and an update:

The first 4506-T I submitted on 11/25 disappeared without a trace (even though I have a screenshot of the confirmation that it was successfully submitted).

I submitted a second CLI request on 1/8, and then immediately submitted another 4506-T electronically.

Apparently on the second one I didn't check a box that is required on the form. I'm not sure why they'd let me electronically submit an online form that isn't complete, or why they wouldn't have mailed me a letter or sent me an email to let me know that there was a problem. Amex just did nothing.

I double checked, and the home address they have on file is where I've been since the CLI request... so it's not like there's a letter waiting for me at our other home.

The CSR took my third CLI request over the phone, and I received an email with a link to complete the 4506-T, which I just did. I checked the #%^&$%^& box, with the screenshot immediately below this as proof.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-10%20at%201.13.5

Below is my third confirmation since 11/25. Yes, this has been going on since before Thanksgiving...

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-10%20at%201.14.1

The CSR encouraged me to call back in 48 business hours to ensure that they received the form. I'll call on Monday to follow up.

Today's recap/update:

• Friday, 2/10: Submitted 4506-T around 1:00 p.m. Rep advised me to call back in 48 business hours to confirm receipt and to confirm that it was submitted correctly, since I was frustrated that this is my third attempt.

• Saturday, 2/11: CLI department is open.

• Sunday, 2/12: CLI department is closed.

• Monday, 2/13: 48 business hours should have elapsed at 1:00 p.m.

I just called, and my form was not visible to the agent.

I was informed that a different department actually receives the documents, and that department was closed for the entire weekend.

I asked if I should check again at this time tomorrow, since the rep didn't volunteer anything about what my next step should be. She agreed, but I think it was because she didn't have a better answer.

In fairness, on Friday I did not verify that my interpretation of "business hours" was correct, but why is this my responsibility?

Next update will be tomorrow.

• Tuesday, 2/14: The rep advised me that the form was received, it was complete, and the verification should take 7-10 days, at which time I will have a decision.

• Thursday, 2/16: Received a paper 4506-T form in the mail.

<snip>

• Tuesday, 2/14: The rep advised me that the form was received, it was complete, and the verification should take 7-10 days, at which time I will have a decision.

Only One?! I think I've received 4 since submitting my app a week ago Monday.

<snip>

Only One?! I think I've received 4 since submitting my app a week ago Monday.

LOL!!! I mean come on...it's AMEX, what do you really expect here? :rofl:

What's that old adage about insanity? Repeating the same thing over and over while expecting a different result....

The first 4506-T I submitted on 11/25 disappeared without a trace (even though I have a screenshot of the confirmation that it was successfully submitted).

I submitted a second CLI request on 1/8, and then immediately submitted another 4506-T electronically.

Apparently on the second one I didn't check a box that is required on the form. I'm not sure why they'd let me electronically submit an online form that isn't complete, or why they wouldn't have mailed me a letter or sent me an email to let me know that there was a problem. Amex just did nothing.

I double checked, and the home address they have on file is where I've been since the CLI request... so it's not like there's a letter waiting for me at our other home.

The CSR took my third CLI request over the phone, and I received an email with a link to complete the 4506-T, which I just did. I checked the #%^&$%^& box, with the screenshot immediately below this as proof.

Below is my third confirmation since 11/25. Yes, this has been going on since before Thanksgiving...

The CSR encouraged me to call back in 48 business hours to ensure that they received the form. I'll call on Monday to follow up.

Today's recap/update:

• Friday, 2/10: Submitted 4506-T around 1:00 p.m. Rep advised me to call back in 48 business hours to confirm receipt and to confirm that it was submitted correctly, since I was frustrated that this is my third attempt.

I was informed that a different department actually receives the documents, and that department was closed for the entire weekend.

I asked if I should check again at this time tomorrow, since the rep didn't volunteer anything about what my next step should be. She agreed, but I think it was because she didn't have a better answer.

In fairness, on Friday I did not verify that my interpretation of "business hours" was correct, but why is this my responsibility?

Day 8. No CLI.

Do you think it would be a bad idea to go for a 3x CLI 5 days after opening a new card? Just picked up BfB on Monday but I'm technically at 180 days tomorrow. Was going to wait until the weekend to submit the request...

Do you think it would be a bad idea to go for a 3x CLI 5 days after opening a new card? Just picked up BfB on Monday but I'm technically at 180 days tomorrow. Was going to wait until the weekend to submit the request...

Bad idea only if you are afraid of the word "no."

Today's recap/update:

Day 8. No CLI.

Day 9. No CLI.

I'll be trying for a 3x on Saturday.

Card is at 15,000.

HHI is 117,000

181 days was up on the 20th but I have current charges on the card.

After reading this thread, I requested a CLI at 44,000 and got the 4506-T prompt anyway.

I'll try again Saturday after it's paid to 0 and see what happens then.

Today's recap/update:

Day 8. No CLI.

Day 9. No CLI.

Day 10. No CLI.

^ ^ Same here. I talked to a CSR via Chat, yesterday. They checked the request, said that it's still in review and that I'll receive an email notification when it's decided

Today's recap/update:

Day 8. No CLI.

Day 9. No CLI.

Day 10. No CLI.

Day 11. No CLI.

Just to confirm - I tried for a 3x CLI today on my Everyday card, 8k SL -> 24k request, but just got a "we will let you know in 7-10 days" response.

This is not an income verification since it didn't ask for anything, right?

Should I just submit CLI requests again with lower amounts until one is instant-approved, or just wait and see what happens with this?

Just to confirm - I tried for a 3x CLI today on my Everyday card, 8k SL -> 24k request, but just got a "we will let you know in 7-10 days" response.

Should I just submit CLI requests again with lower amounts until one is instant-approved, or just wait and see what happens with this?

7-10 days is likely a denial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sure, but does that mean I should log in and keep requesting smaller amounts until they auto-approve one?

sure, but does that mean I should log in and keep requesting smaller amounts until they auto-approve one?

See what their reason is. You also have to wait 90 days before you can submit another request.

See what their reason is. You also have to wait 90 days before you can submit another request.

If it prompts for 4506 and you decline to fill out the form, you can in fact initiate another request the next day (or perhaps immediately after). It does not impact the 90 day clock as as denial would. As the 7-10 day message was received, that is indeed a 90 day wait.

Edited by Big Bear

I've received a 7-10 day message from AmEx, an logged in the next day to find the new CLI applied

Today's recap/update:

Day 8. No CLI.

Day 9. No CLI.

Day 10. No CLI.

Day 11. No CLI.

Day 12. No CLI.

Today's recap/update:

Day 8. No CLI.

Day 9. No CLI.

Day 10. No CLI.

Day 11. No CLI.

Day 12. No CLI.

Day 13. No CLI.

Time to make another phone call.

Today's recap/update:

Day 8. No CLI.

Day 9. No CLI.

Day 10. No CLI.

Day 11. No CLI.

Day 12. No CLI.

Day 13. No CLI.

I tried chat with regular CS first.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-27%20at%207.37.2

I confirmed that the agent was looking at the February request (which I confirmed via phone was complete), and not the January request.

:lol:

I just called the number provided and attempted to get status from the automated system. The message indicates that there are no credit limit increase requests on my account in the past 90 days.

:rofl:

I just hit 0 for an agent.

Today's recap/update:

Day 8. No CLI.

Day 9. No CLI.

Day 10. No CLI.

Day 11. No CLI.

Day 12. No CLI.

Day 13. No CLI.

I confirmed that the agent was looking at the February request (which I confirmed via phone was complete), and not the January request.

I just called the number provided and attempted to get status from the automated system. The message indicates that there are no credit limit increase requests on my account in the past 90 days.

I just learned that regular customer service agents can't see CLI requests if a 4506-T is required (which is probably why the automated system also has no awareness, neither of which makes sense).

The agent at the credit limit department informed me that my 4506-T was rejected by the IRS due to the address provided, then looked further and said that the IRS gave them 2013 and 2014 transcripts, even though the request was filled out properly (it correctly specified 2014 and 2015 tax years).

The ball is now in my court to call the IRS (800-829-1040) and authorize them to release my 2015 transcript to Amex. The agent was unclear as to whether the 2015 transcript would be automatically sent to Amex after I grant my permission, or if I will need to call Amex back and ask them to resubmit my form.

Edited by cv91915

Today's recap/update:

Day 8. No CLI.

Day 9. No CLI.

Day 10. No CLI.

Day 11. No CLI.

Day 12. No CLI.

Day 13. No CLI.

I just learned that regular customer service agents can't see CLI requests if a 4506-T is required (which is probably why the automated system also has no awareness, neither of which makes sense).

The agent at the credit limit department informed me that my 4506-T was rejected by the IRS due to the address provided, then looked further and said that the IRS gave them 2013 and 2014 transcripts, even though the request was filled out properly (it correctly specified 2014 and 2015 tax years).

The ball is now in my court to call the IRS (800-829-1040) and authorize them to release my 2015 transcript to Amex. The agent was unclear as to whether the 2015 transcript would be automatically sent to Amex after I grant my permission, or if I will need to call Amex back and ask them to resubmit my form.

I've invested over 43 minutes on the phone (plus the chat time earlier) with Amex and the IRS on this matter today.

The IRS says that there is nothing present on my account which would prevent my 2015 returns from being verified with a correctly filled out 4506-T form, which Amex said that I provided.

I had the IRS rep generate a 2015 transcript for me, and it's on its way to me in the mail. Amex will require its own transcript, of course; I did this to make sure that a transcript was actually available.

The IRS rep recommended that Amex resubmit the form to them.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-27%20at%208.32.5