Sign in to follow this  
Atl-Marcos

A big thanks

So I have a big thanks to make to Konrad2012, cv91915, mendelssohn, and whipped.

They kinda made fun of the fact that I said my report was clean other than a 120 day late, I got irritated. I decided to finally take action. I sent an email to the EO of Capital One pleading my case of the missed payments being when I was in the hospital. I talked to them on Monday, and today I verified with the EO that they have approved my request and as soon as they are removed from all of the CRA's they'll notify me. They were very pleasant and easy to work with.

So I do have a 30 day late still from 2012 but I think that will be a minor thing in the grand scheme of things. My TU 08 is sitting at 711 when I was at 19% Util. Doing the $2 trick and have Alliant $42 on $500 loan in place. I'm hoping for mid 700's on TU and my EQ and EX to go over 700(669EX and 675EQ). I have AAOA of 9.8 years with 7 active lines reporting. HHI $200k+

For probably the first time in my life ever, I'll be able to apply and get whatever I want. I started this journey with low 500's credit score maybe 2 years ago. I went from $500 in credit to $10k in June of 2015 when I hit 620-640ish(prior to NFCU), and am sitting on $56.9k right now and about to do an app spree by the end of the month.

Thanks again guys. As someone said in another post nothing good can happen if you don't take any action.

Trust me, I ain't mad at ya.

I knew that you could work with the EO to get things resolved I just hadn't done anything with that information for over a year. You got me to get off my rump and at least try. I think it probably helped that the card is over 5 years old, and I didn't try disputing it until it had aged quite a bit.

I still have some work to do on EQ and EX but this is a HUGE big deal. And 2 hours later I'm still in shock.

Trust me, I ain't mad at ya.

I knew that you could work with the EO to get things resolved I just hadn't done anything with that information for over a year. You got me to get off my rump and at least try. I think it probably helped that the card is over 5 years old, and I didn't try disputing it until it had aged quite a bit.

I still have some work to do on EQ and EX but this is a HUGE big deal. And 2 hours later I'm still in shock.

Congrats on getting it removed! That's a big deal! :D

Nice! 120's are score killers for the full 7 years. Hopefully this amplifies the Alliant hack for you as well.

Keep sending a GW letter on the 1st of every month on the 30 day late. Hopefully you get lucky with it one day as well.

Honestly if there's anyone I owe this to, it would be you Konrad. You prompted me to get off my butt and ask for the goodwill deletion. You got me into NFCU, which took my available credit from $11k to $50k, took my highest CL's from $4.5k to $24k, and average line from $1,200 to $6,500. You helped me get in the range of the Amex I was looking for with the Alliant hack. In the past six months between you and Mendelssohn I should be able to get everything I want and more.

Thanks again.

Anyone have a general guideline of how long it takes for the CRA's to update their files? Cap1 said it would take up to 60 days, that doesn't sound right.

They said the confirmation they gave me was from the update sent to the CRA's. But CCT isn't showing any changes yet. No big deal but I had planned on making a spree this month.

They said the confirmation they gave me was from the update sent to the CRA's. But CCT isn't showing any changes yet. No big deal but I had planned on making a spree this month.

When cap 1 EO removed my lates, it showed up 2 weeks later on my report. YMMV.

Congrats! :good:

Hmmm.... well this is disappointing. It appears that the lates fell off pretty much right away. I was waiting for a score increase so I wasn't actually clicking into the account. Basically my score didn't change at all with the 120 day lates removed. Not a single point positive or negative. I was really hoping I would have a bigger jump than that. Still stuck at 669 EX. Have 5 days til I can check TU, EQ on CCT.

Sigh. Oh well I just have more work to do.

Hmmm.... well this is disappointing. It appears that the lates fell off pretty much right away. I was waiting for a score increase so I wasn't actually clicking into the account. Basically my score didn't change at all with the 120 day lates removed. Not a single point positive or negative. I was really hoping I would have a bigger jump than that. Still stuck at 669 EX. Have 5 days til I can check TU, EQ on CCT.

Forget about the scores. There is zero question that you are more creditworthy without those lates reporting. Approvals will be easier. Celebrate the success!

What other negatives do you have reporting?

Forget about the scores. There is zero question that you are more creditworthy without those lates reporting. Approvals will be easier. Celebrate the success!

Sadly not for what I wanted. I was really hoping to get into Amex specifically BCP. 669 is probably pretty close, but it's no guarantee of approval.

I also have this stupid FNBO secured card that I can't get to unsecure for some reason, even though I've had it almost 3 years and have never missed a payment on it.

I have a recorded Judgment from 2013 that I paid off but still shows up, and a recently reported utility bill within six months that is paid(Was out of the country and didn't realize it was short, sending a GW letter, if that doesn't work then I'll start with a jack attack on it). Have two medicals that I'm in the midst of doing WhyChat on, probably going to just pay off with Hippa-C letter. Experian is by far my worst report.

Sadly not for what I wanted. I was really hoping to get into Amex specifically BCP. 669 is probably pretty close, but it's no guarantee of approval.

I also have this stupid FNBO secured card that I can't get to unsecure for some reason, even though I've had it almost 3 years and have never missed a payment on it.

I have a recorded Judgment from 2013 that I paid off but still shows up, and a recently reported utility bill within six months that is paid(Was out of the country and didn't realize it was short, sending a GW letter, if that doesn't work then I'll start with a jack attack on it). Have two medicals that I'm in the midst of doing WhyChat on, probably going to just pay off with Hippa-C letter. Experian is by far my worst report.

You would be surprised how much a single negative from what you listed can hold your scores down. I remember getting the first of my student loans deleted with a string of 120+ lates and my FICOs didn't really move until the last was removed.

Just focus on the big picture. Every little bit helps. I was able to get approvals from Amex, Citi and Chase with a 660 EX and almost 40 formerly defaulted student loans reporting. Approvals aren't just about FICOs or necessarily the negative accounts, but also if you have turned the corner on your rebuild.

I had my final 120 day late fall off EX and I only gained 1 point because of an unpaid tax lien. That judgement showing open is going to keep your score maxed at ~720 until it goes away (assuming everything else is pristine). If that judgment shows satisfied, it is going to keep your score maxed at ~750 (again assuming everything else is pristine).

That recent late is killing you most.

Edited by Konrad2012

I know, it's just disappointing. I know that my EX is still pretty messy. I was hoping to get at least a little bump maybe 10 points or so. I would have felt better apping for Amex at around 680.

At least my TU is looking pretty good now. If I can just get that last 30 day late off by this summer I'll be completely clean.