Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Axiom Bank - Still No EWS?

Posted (edited)

Hi, I know this is an old thread but, they have Axiom banks inside Walmarts in my area.  Generally banks in Walmarts are easier to open and keep open (in my limited experience) . I understand they use Chexsystems but, any other info would be helpful.  Are they quick to close accounts etc... Thxs in advance.

Edited by mfins

On their website they offer an 'opportunity checking' which indicates that you could be eligible for an account with them if you have a negative record .. but it doesnt say what they use... but they will charge you a 12.95 monthly fee.. however.. I have always heard really negative things about this bank.. is there a reason you chose them? Can we help you in your quest to find a bank.. what area are you in ? 

I would call and tell them you interested in opening an account, you do not want to waste your time or theres and simply ask about their requirements - 9 times / 10 they will give you a straightforward answer and the other times they either do not know or do not care. It saves face to face embarrassment. I usually dont login here until late at night before bed, otherwise I would call for you. 

19 hours ago, stevensmileyx said:

On their website they offer an 'opportunity checking' which indicates that you could be eligible for an account with them if you have a negative record .. but it doesnt say what they use... but they will charge you a 12.95 monthly fee.. however.. I have always heard really negative things about this bank.. is there a reason you chose them? Can we help you in your quest to find a bank.. what area are you in ? 

I would call and tell them you interested in opening an account, you do not want to waste your time or theres and simply ask about their requirements - 9 times / 10 they will give you a straightforward answer and the other times they either do not know or do not care. It saves face to face embarrassment. I usually dont login here until late at night before bed, otherwise I would call for you. 

Thanks Stevensmileyx, you helped me on my other thread-Bank account with felony-. This comment kind of ties into that. Since Armed Forces closed me I want to open two accounts so I am not stranded again (like what I am going through now). While I am waiting for my EWS report to be corrected (so I can apply at wells fargo) I figured I would open another account. Axiom came on my radar.  If they only use CHEX I will apply there unless you can steer me in a different direction to a better  bank that ONLY uses CHEX. Thanks-

Im in Orlando Florida

My apologies had I acutally looked at the username I would have immediately recognized it.. did I mention I get on here right before going to sleep? 

Try IBERIABANK.. please just call them before trying to open an account.. and ask to speak with a new accounts rep.. I KNOW they pull chex.. but ask about EWS just in case something has happened recently..  They are usually super forthcoming about their policies because they don't want to waste your time or their own. 

The new account reps open accounts daily and are obviously going to know what systems they use because if you are denied they have to give you an adverse action notice showing the company they used in denying you an account.. and my research thus far indicates they only use chexsystems but I am not sure if they pull credit.

Orlando is FULL of EWS banking institutions .. who either pull them exclusively or in combination with chex.. so getting your EWS clear is the right call if you want a more national institution which I think IBERIA is not.. nor do I think they use Zelle. Again, keep us updated.. give us your outcomes and data.  (Side Note... Zelle is owned by EWS which is why most EWS related institutions already use it)

Thanks again and interestingly enough about a year ago I applied for an Iberia Bank account. There is a branch across the street from my neighborhood and, I was trying to obtain an account to go along with my Armed Forces account. Armed forces had just closed the last branch that was within reasonable driving distance from me and, I wanted a bank with a branch I could walk into. They denied me. My CHEX was find but, they did run credit and was the reason for the denial.  My credit score at the time was around 580. So I can verify they do run a credit check.