Panic- I think Equifax placed a fraud/freeze alert on my CR!

Boing

The last post in this topic was posted 2278 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

What do I do? I received the following notice:

While fulfilling your 3-bureau report, we were unable to deliver your data from Equifax credit report. This could be due to any of the following:

Insufficient information at the credit bureau to generate a credit file or FICO Score 8

A credit freeze or fraud alert has been found on the file at the credit bureau

Technical issues while pulling the credit file

Your 3-bureau report will only display with Experian and TransUnion data. If you have any questions, please call 1-800-319-4433 (M-F 6am-6pm PST, Sat 7am-4pm PST) for assistance.

This comes after I changed my address with Equifax.

Aside from calling the numbers above, what do you think this means?

PS Sorry for this 2nd post, but I don't see my first post

I tried pulling a CR on Creditkarma. But it will only show me the last CR which was on September 15. The Personsl Information section reflects the information correct as of September 15 which is before I tried to update my CR to my new address.

I tried pulling a CR on Creditkarma. But it will only show me the last CR which was on September 15. The Personsl Information section reflects the information correct as of September 15 which is before I tried to update my CR to my new address.

I would call Equifax on Monday and talk to someone.

Yes, I did try to ditch an old address tied to negatives. I was successful with Experian and TU. But, it appears that Equifax placed a fraud alert or freeze. Depending upon the successful deletions that would theoretically follow, I was going to apply for an installment loan. But, now I don't even know my EQ Fico Score.

Will EQ remove the temporary hold without me calling? Does this mean that my CR repair efforts, at least with EQ, must temporarily stop?

How can I get a CS with EQ now? Is it even possible?

Thanks for talking me down from the ledge. I thought all was lost. The last EQ report I received was on September 15.

If one CRA puts a temp fraud alert, they notify the other two and the alert is on all three.

IT IS NO BIG DEAL.

You can still apply for new credit. You will just have to go through an extra step in identifying your identity.

I have had the same experience. In July I disputed something with EX. They put a FA on my CR and notified the other two.

For 3 months I couldn't get an auto approval. I had to call and verify I was the one who app'd.

I have 5 new trade lines during that time.

Get off the ledge and carry on as usual.

I'd like to know if EQ made the deletions and what my CS is. How do I get that info?

It is easy to get a Fraud Alert removed from your credit files. Send a letter to them saying, "Please cancel all fraud alerts on my credit file".

Include a copy of your SS card, Drivers License and a recent utility bill.

The Fraud Alert will be removed within days.

They will also likely send you an updated paper copy of your credit files. Be sure to request that also in your letter.

Here is the Equifax page on the process. All credit bureaus have the same process.

https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/157/~/removing-a-fraud-alert

Edited by RocketGoBoom

If one CRA puts a temp fraud alert, they notify the other THREE and the alert is on all three.

FTFY
@ hegemony

Who is the 4th CRA?

If EQ, for example, initiates a fraud alert, they notify EX and TU...the other TWO.

Edited by sedge

The last post in this topic was posted 2278 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.