What World of Hyatt Means for Hyatt's Credit Card

mendelssohn

The last post in this topic was posted 2245 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

What’s not changing about the Hyatt credit card
  • The Hyatt credit card will continue to offer entry level status for as long as you have the card. On March 1, 2017, all cardmembers will automatically receive Discoverist status, which comes with 2PM check-out subject to availability, premium wifi, etc.
  • The Hyatt credit card will continue to offer an annual Category 1-4 free night certificate on your account anniversary each year.
  • The Hyatt credit card will continue to offer triple points on Hyatt spend and double points on restaurants, airline tickets, and car rental.
What’s being taken away from the Hyatt credit card

You can no longer earn elite qualifying nights and elite qualifying stays towards status with the Hyatt credit card. Previously you could earn:

• Two elite qualifying stays and five elite qualifying nights towards status after spending $20,000
  • An additional three elite qualifying stays and five elite qualifying nights after spending another $20,000
What’s being added to the Hyatt credit card
  • Those who have the Hyatt credit card prior to March 1, 2017, will receive an additional 5% points bonus on in-hotel spend between March 1, 2017, and February 28, 2018. This only applies to Discoverist members (the status that comes with the card), and this is being done because the points bonus for entry level status is decreasing from 15% to 10%. So it’s not really a net positive, but it at least offsets the status bonus being reduced for the next year.
  • You can earn Hyatt’s mid-tier Explorist status by spending $50,000 on the card in a calendar year, which gets you a 20% points bonus, room upgrades subject to availability, and four club lounge access awards annually.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/11/03/hyatt-credit-card-changes-world-of-hyatt/

FWIW I haven't used my Hyatt credit card since I hit the bonus spend.

In terms of earning points, it earns 3x at Hyatt properties, but so does the C$R. Earning 1x everywhere else is not anything special with UR cards earning more and transferring to Hyatt.

The annual certificate may be worth the AF, but I hate certificates and the lack of flexibility. I'm sitting on 2 of them right now that I have no immediate use for.

I would never have enough (or any) paid stays to qualify for elite status, so that is also not worth it to me.

I'm closing my card early next year and moving the limit to my C$R.

In terms of earning points, it earns 3x at Hyatt properties, but so does the C$R. Earning 1x everywhere else is not anything special with UR cards earning more and transferring to Hyatt.

The annual certificate may be worth the AF, but I hate certificates and the lack of flexibility. I'm sitting on 2 of them right now that I have no immediate use for.

I would never have enough (or any) paid stays to qualify for elite status, so that is also not worth it to me.

We may have gotten lucky, but we used our two certificates at the Andaz in Amsterdam, which was my first choice and it was in peak travel season. It was also our favorite hotel of the entire trip.

We may have gotten lucky, but we used our two certificates at the Andaz in Amsterdam, which was my first choice and it was in peak travel season. It was also our favorite hotel of the entire trip.

I will keep that in mind. I have at least 1 Europe trip next year and maybe I can use them there.

Agree with you Mendel. The whole reason I had this card was for the platinum status which translated to gold status in M-Life. Since I go to Vegas fairly regularly, this is worth it for me (just saving the valet fees covers the AF). Now that it doesn't give me gold status with M-Life, it is not valuable enough to warrant the AF (I don't stay at Hyatt properties enough). I will be closing and moving to either C$R or Freedom Unlimited.

• 4 weeks later...

Agree with you Mendel. The whole reason I had this card was for the platinum status which translated to gold status in M-Life. Since I go to Vegas fairly regularly, this is worth it for me (just saving the valet fees covers the AF). Now that it doesn't give me gold status with M-Life, it is not valuable enough to warrant the AF (I don't stay at Hyatt properties enough). I will be closing and moving to either C$R or Freedom Unlimited.

It'll still get you pearl status even at its lowest and qualifies for free parking.

Just won't be able to skip lines anymore.

It'll still get you pearl status even at its lowest and qualifies for free parking.

Just won't be able to skip lines anymore.

Free valet is only gold and above, which I can generally earn through stays/playing. I refuse to try and self park there.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BREAURHODES0624

Important Information

Guidelines