Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

Introducing Marcus

Just applied for a loan to pay off a couple of others.

Pulls Transunion, uses Fico 9 score. My FICO 8 is 745, FICO 9 is 780.

Various rates and terms, your choice, each increasing term length bumps up the interest rate. I went with 36 months, 7.99%. Goes as low as 5.99, up over 20%. Terms from 24 months to 60 months. You pick payment date. Quick approval, start to finish, 2.5 hours. Had to submit pay stub. Money will be transferred within 4 days.

Various rates and terms, your choice, each increasing term length bumps up the interest rate. I went with 36 months, 7.99%. Goes as low as 5.99, up over 20%. Terms from 24 months to 60 months. You pick payment date. Quick approval, start to finish, 2.5 hours. Had to submit pay stub. Money will be transferred within 4 days.

HP or SP?

Who qualifies? I didn't read it all, but it looks interesting for people with heavy debt at high rates. The usual pitfalls of consolidation loans - people tend to go right on charging once their cards are cleared up. Not judging, BTDT.

Don't see a way to apply online.

Do you have to call in and apply.

You have to have a code, for now. So without one you'd need to sign up via email on the landing page.

HP or SP?
Hard.

Who qualifies? I didn't read it all, but it looks interesting for people with heavy debt at high rates. The usual pitfalls of consolidation loans - people tend to go right on charging once their cards are cleared up. Not judging, BTDT.

Not worried about credit card run-up, only have one card with a small balance, and I've been down the credit hell road already, not going there again.

4 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

I opened a small Goldman Sachs savings account when they were called GS Bank, so I could say I bank with Goldman Sachs. Changing the name to Marcus was a bad idea. Saying you bank with Marcus is like banking at a check cashing store.

As Marcus becomes more central to Goldman’s future, executives have discussed phasing out its name entirely, people familiar with the matter said.

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

As Marcus becomes more central to Goldman’s future, executives have discussed phasing out its name entirely, people familiar with the matter said.

Might not be a bad idea.  WTF wants to say, "I bank with Marcus"?  Sounds like the name of a neighborhood pimp.

2 hours ago, Rogue said:

I think the opposite. Goldman Sachs sounds more New York/Wall Street like. It's like Jaguar motor cars renaming themselves Fluffy the Kitty Cat cars.

Whenever I hear the name "Marcus" I think of two people.

1. Marcus Lemonis of "The Profit"

2. Marcus Aurelius, Roman emperor who married off his 13 y/o daughter.

Goldman Sax doesn't come to mind.

1 hour ago, cashnocredit said:

Whenever I hear the name "Marcus" I think of two people.

1. Marcus Lemonis of "The Profit"

2. Marcus Aurelius, Roman emperor who married off his 13 y/o daughter.

Goldman Sax doesn't come to mind.

it makes me of a long lost member of CB

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

it makes me of a long lost member of CB

Forgot to mention, the groom was Marcus' brother.  Not exactly the star crossed Romeo and Juliet.