Sign in to follow this  
amandal0514

Chase - Switching Cards and Spending Bonuses

Just received my CSR in the mail yesterday. I didn't realize Visa Infinite was a thing but I do now. It came with a $10k limit but I took the $5k on my Chase Amazon card and moved it over since I'm using the Amazon Prime store card instead. So now my CSR has $15k.

I also asked for my CSP to be switched over to a Freedom Unlimited because I didn't want to pay another annual fee.

My question is... am I eligible for the $150 spending bonus if I moved to the Freedom Unlimited instead of opening it brand new.

Just received my CSR in the mail yesterday. I didn't realize Visa Infinite was a thing but I do now. It came with a $10k limit but I took the $5k on my Chase Amazon card and moved it over since I'm using the Amazon Prime store card instead. So now my CSR has $15k.

I also asked for my CSP to be switched over to a Freedom Unlimited because I didn't want to pay another annual fee.

My question is... am I eligible for the $150 spending bonus if I moved to the Freedom Unlimited instead of opening it brand new.

no

+1

However still a good decision.

I second this. As song as your keep your credit line and moving it over if you close a Chase card you are golden.

I'm still trying to sit in the weeds and wait out these rules they have now on new accounts. It's really cramping my money making on new card bonuses...

Product changes aren't eligible for sign up bonuses.

You could still apply for that specific product down the road to obtain the SUB. One nice thing about Chase is the ease of PCing one product to another.

I second this. As song as your keep your credit line and moving it over if you close a Chase card you are golden.

I'm still trying to sit in the weeds and wait out these rules they have now on new accounts. It's really cramping my money making on new card bonuses...

5/24? Or the single sign up bonus per product?

If you're looking to churn, Chase may not be the best for multiple products with their roadblocks in place.

Not really churning. Just interested in the Reserve and their 100k point bonus so I app'd for that.

Didn't want the CSP if I have the Reserve so I switched that to the Freedom Unlimited since there's no AF. Yes, I moved my CL over.

Also closed my Chase Amazon, after moving its $5k CL to my new Reserve, because I have the Amazon Prime 5% store card and haven't been using it.

I'm going to be busting my butt to hit that $4k spend on the Reserve tho. Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm sure I could buy some Visa gift cards from the stores but don't know what I'd do with them after that.

I met the spending requirement for the bonus by paying my home property taxes. It involved a 2.3% surcharge but that came down to only $71 odd compared to the bonus amount of $1000 (if you take cash) or more (if you redeem for travel)

Do you shop at Costco? You can buy Costco cash cards without any surcharge for future use.

Plastiq also lets you pay rent or mortgage but Visa cards have a 2.5% fee

You can pay estimated taxes to the federal or state governments and then adjust your income tax withholdings at your job claiming more exemptions. Believe there is a 1.7% fee to pay with credit cards but it is small potatoes compared to the bonus.

Top off your AEBN account.

I had to Google what that is. Oh, my!

Best value is 1,000 minutes.