Amazon Store Card 2,200

Children's Place 1,750

Target REDcard 1,700

AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 1,000

Old Navy 800

Capital One Platinum 750

Phillips 66 700

Kohl's Charge Card 700

I just got approved for the Sapphire Reserve the other day so I know I'll be getting rid of the Sapphire Preferred (after I transfer the $10k CL to another card) soon. I'm thinking I might get rid of the Chase Amazon as well since I mainly use the Amazon Prime Store Card. I am contemplating apping for a Chase Freedom Unlimited.

I don't use the AMEX charge card or Delta card but since they have a 34 year old opening date on them they aren't going anywhere.

The $750 Cap1 is just embarrassing and, for whatever reason, they won't budge on a CLI.

I don't travel much and, if I do, it's with Southwest. Marriott is my preferred hotel brand.

Should I get rid of any? Do you recommend any cards that aren't on here yet?

Edited by amandal0514

Haha yeah... the Synch cards I kind of went a little crazy with when I first started rebuilding. I think I did 9 in one day once! :blush: They help with utilization tho I suppose. And a few of them are useful (Sam's, Lowe's, PayPal). I had more but I cancelled them already.

First Premier, Serge, Verve, Blaze, Big Lots?

Seriously, nice cards you have.

Edited by TheVig

Haha yeah... the Synch cards I kind of went a little crazy with when I first started rebuilding. I think I did 9 in one day once! :blush: They help with utilization tho I suppose. And a few of them are useful (Sam's, Lowe's, PayPal). I had more but I cancelled them already.

Lowe's and Walmart are the only "store cards" I have. Sync gives generous CLIs, so they're good for util padding, and they have their perks if you shop at those stores.

You might be interested in the US Bank Cash+ card, for selectable 5% categories.

The Blispay card is a nice card for 2% cash back everywhere.

Marvel.com Mastercard (Synchrony) is OK for 3% on Dining, and Entertainment. Entertainment is a fairly wide category (it even includes Amazon.com)

I would cut Paypal Extras, and Walmart card. Walmart is only good for online Walmart.com purchases and only at 3% cash back. If this is something you use, I would consider the Upromise Mastercard for 5% cash back when used with the Upromise online portal, and use the Upromise portal's 5% cash back at Walmart.com, so those stack for 10% cash back at Walmart.com . But I would only do that if Walmart.com purchases were significant, or if other merchants in the Upromise.com shopping portal are of use to you (L.L. Bean, Lands'end, etc). You might find the Upromise portal is better than ebates, though you will have to check the merchants you actually use ebates for. If so, ebates becomes expendable.

Merge the Chase Amazon card's limit into something else, like the Freedom. You already have better cash back using the Amazon store card with Prime. or you can chose 5% at Bookstores as one category on the US Bank cash+ card. No need to settle for 3% at Amazon

Well, just some ideas for you to ponder. And for others to tear apart ;)