Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

I tried to use my American Express Card...

The last post in this topic was posted 1468 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

... at Taco John's in Maquoketa, Iowa, today, and the woman at the drive-through window looked at me like I was trying to pay for my lunch with human feces.

I love Taco Johns. I only get to eat there when out towards Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas area. Theres the occasional one in Texas when I am there.

Its so sad that they no longer have the Habanero Boneless Wings.

I've gotten some wierd looks using my Amex card.

Had a snowflake make a comment when paying for my dinner. "Oh Amex, must be nice to have one."

Apparently the mystique of Amex being a card for the jet set elites is still prevalent amongst some.

Had a snowflake make a comment when paying for my dinner. "Oh Amex, must be nice to have one."

Apparently the mystique of Amex being a card for the jet set elites is still prevalent amongst some.

Did you use the green one, or the blue one?

Did you use the green one, or the blue one?

Blue.

... at Taco John's in Maquoketa, Iowa, today, and the woman at the drive-through window looked at me like I was trying to pay for my lunch with human feces.

I've been to Maquoketa, Iowa. IT wasn't that you were using an AmEx. It's that you were using a credit card period.

I can't imagine you in Maquoketa, Iowa on business OR pleasure. Were you car-jacked and forced to drive there???

Getting a Mitsubishi Lancer from Avis at MLI does feel like some sort of personal violation.

Great..... they probably put a black mark on your file and now Amex is going to close your account. That is almost as bad as using your Amex at Walmart. You must not have got the memo to avoid looking poor. :grin:

Great..... they probably put a black mark on your file and now Amex is going to close your account. That is almost as bad as using your Amex at Walmart. You must not have got the memo to avoid looking poor. :grin:

I'm pretty sure that using your card at Walmart is a violation of AmEx's T&C

I can't imagine you in Maquoketa, Iowa on business OR pleasure. Were you car-jacked and forced to drive there???

Getting a Mitsubishi Lancer from Avis at MLI does feel like some sort of personal violation.

Eeeee-Gads!!! Moline!!!

Consider yourself lucky the car rental didn't offer you a farm tractor.

I'm pretty sure that using your card at Walmart is a violation of AmEx's T&C

Did Taco John's accept Amex?

First you *renew* Sammy's Club, now this. If Amex let's you into the Centurion Lounge after these escapades, we'll know how much the standards have fallen.

And yes, it should be *lets* but my tablet is dysfunctional.

you mean you were buying human feces.

I think human feces is what is served at taco bell....not John's. Easy mistake though.

+1000

I hate Taco Bell

True 'dat. But at 2 AM all there is open is Taco Bell, White Castle, and if you want to spend extra - Steak-n-Shake

I think human feces is what is served at taco bell....not John's. Easy mistake though.

+1000

I hate Taco Bell

True 'dat. But at 2 AM all there is open is Taco Bell, White Castle, and if you want to spend extra - Steak-n-Shake

Any 24/7 grocery stores? Making a PB&J sammich would be better.

+1000

I hate Taco Bell

Del Taco, Jack In Da Box and Carls Jr were open around me when I was actually out a 2AM.

If I felt crazy, I'd get a Del Taco chili cheese fries to go, and then go home and fry an egg to put on top of it. Damn it tasted good, but the heartburn became too bad after a while :D

No Del Taco around here. Jack just started coming around in the past year, and Carls Jr is known as Hardees here and it closes at night. Too dangerous to be in after 11 PM.

The last post in this topic was posted 1468 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.